Question about Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
1. Blow it out with canned air. make sure there are no bits of paper or dust in the paper feed area and in the front access area that could be causing the jam.
2. Verify that the cartridge carriage moves to the service area when the front door is opened (as if to change tanks)
3. Verify that the timing belt, drive belt, gearing and rollers all look normal.
4. Take the network out of play when doing the initial troubleshooting
5. With the computer off, unplug the printer's power cord and USB cord for about 3-5 min
6. Completely uninstall the printer's driver and software. Then reinstall the printer's drivers only.
Retry after each step.
Posted on Jul 03, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 13, 2013 | HP LaserJet 5200 Printer
Oct 11, 2011 | HP LaserJet P3005 Printer
85% of paper jams are caused by worn rollers . The rubber treads in the rollers wears down, making them smooth, so they won't pick up the paper. Sometimes, they are aged, which also gives them a smoother rounded texture, causing jams. The quick fix is to liven up that roller with a mixture of alcohol and soap. Damp a rag with the solution and wipe the rollers clean with it. That's make them more pliable and the paper jams will cease. If you plan to keep your printer,
Replace the pick-up and feed rollers.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response Thanks, Joe
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response
May 19, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP4300 InkJet Photo Printer
Feb 17, 2011 | Minolta EP4000/5000 CS/PRO Copier
Jan 27, 2010 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 03, 2009 | Canon LaserClass 2060P Plain Paper Fax
Jun 11, 2009 | Canon imageCLASS MF5750 All-In-One Laser...
May 17, 2009 | Canon CLC 1120 Color Copier
Jul 31, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 25, 2007 | Kyocera Mita FS 1200N Laser Printer
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!