Question about NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router
When i search for networks it picks up the signal so i press connect then it asks me for the wpa and i enter the correct wpa the retry the connection and it jus says can not connect.
Hi, are u sure if you are using the correct WPA key. You can check the same by following the steps below:
Please follow the steps on a computer connected to the router so as to check the network key:
1. Open the browser(Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox).
2. Access the router usually http://192.168.1.1 else try http://www.routerlogin.com
3. Login to the router (User Name = admin Password = password unless you have changed it).
4. Click on Wireless Settings'(under Setup) from the left menu.
5. Check if 'WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)' or 'WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)' is selected under 'Security Options'.
6. If WPA-PSK is selected, copy the code entered in the passphrase.
7. If WEP is selected, copy the code entered in the Key that has a black dot before it.
This is the code required for connecting the wireless computer to the routers' wireless network.
Connec to the wireless network using this key.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Jul 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 16, 2013 | ASUS Eee 4G Notebook
May 01, 2012 | NetGear WNR1000 Router
Jul 25, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jun 23, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jan 01, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jan 23, 2009 | Linksys (NH1005) 5x10/100 Mbps Networking...
Aug 02, 2008 | NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0...
May 06, 2008 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Apr 07, 2008 | D-Link Air DWL-122 802.11b Wireless...
121 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!