Question about Plumbing

1 Answer

Were do i buy the 'o'rings from? for my kitchen tap?

My kitchen tap is leaking from the base of the neck, i've removed the neck to find the 'o'ring broke at the bottom, only thing is were do i get these from?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 19 Answers

Ace hardware, fergusons, or winnelsons. can find sometimes at home depot.

Posted on Jul 07, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to remove leaking neck of old two handle kitchen faucet and fix

The cap at the top will either unscrew, or pry up with a small flat blade. Will be one or the other, haven't seen one of these in many years so I don't remember.. If its leaking around the spout at the base you will need to replace the O rings. Moen provides many repair kits for free. Go to H Depot and ask the plumbing guy to give you a repair kit for this model, it may be free, with instructions included!

Aug 11, 2014 | Moen 7900 Chateau Two-Handle Kitchen...

1 Answer

7700 series Moen leaks at top and bottom of base hub

You can just replace the o-rings. You have to remove the large nut at the base of the spout. I posted a blog post -and a video about me replacing mine.

The replacement o-ring and retainer parts were free to me. Hope it helps you.

Aug 17, 2011 | Moen Monticello Single-Handle Kitchen...

1 Answer

Price Pfister kitchen faucet with two porcelain controllers, one goose neck spigot and sprayer, chrome. Put the unit in about nine years ago. Starting leaking from base where spigot attaches to base with...

Should have o-rings remove those and lowe's,hardware,home improvement,plumbing supply stores should have what you need.Be sure to use plumbers grease or Vaseline on new o-ring and inside spout to keep from tearing new o-rings.

Jun 01, 2011 | Plumbing

1 Answer

I have a Moen Single Handle kitchen faucet, it's leaking at the base and below the neck (where is swivels for the faucet to move side to side). How do I fix it?

Replace the "O" rings that are behind the spout portion. You will have to remove the top of the faucet and pull up on the spout section. There will be a couple of "O" rings there. It is best to have Moen send the parts to you as locating the proper size "O" rings can be difficult.

Mar 29, 2010 | Moen 7840 Camerist Single-Handle Kitchen...

1 Answer

My american standard kitchen fasset is leaking at the base of the fauset how do i repair it

You will need to replace the o rings. Buy the proper kit from your local hardware store. Turn the water off. Remove the handle (screw under top cap0 and the spout will slide up and off. Replace o rings and lube them with plumbers grease or Vaseline.

Sep 06, 2009 | Plumbing

1 Answer

American Standard Colony Soft gooseneck kitchen faucet leaks base

at the spout near the base is an echeion ring. turn this counterclock wise then pull up ring to expose the neck,pull spout straight up.this echeion cap holds on the spout to the base there are plastic parts inside so be careful when pulling apart.

Jul 13, 2009 | American Standard 4275.550.002 ColonySoft...

1 Answer

Repair leak on jasmine faucet - American Standard

you need to replace the 0-rings in side the spout between the base and neck,

Jun 13, 2009 | American Standard Jasmine Mixage Kitchen...

2 Answers

Moen single lever kitchen faucet leaking at base and through spray. Can it be fixed? I lost my installation manual. Are there any online?

base leak is from bad o ring or loose spout very easy fix you can get a washer kit at lowes all you need is a allen wrench(sometimes comes in kit) a pair of channel lock pliers

May 09, 2009 | Moen 7840 Camerist Single-Handle Kitchen...

1 Answer

Tap needs new ''O'' ring on swivelling neck

Usually there is a retaining nut at the base of the spout that unscrews. It looks like apart of the faucet. Once you unscrew the nut, you can pull out the spout exposing two washers that can be replaced. If I had a picture of the faucet, I woul know exactly what to tell you. I'm just using an explanation that are for most faucets. Good luck!

Mar 31, 2009 | Franke Plumbing

Not finding what you are looking for?
Plumbing Logo

Related Topics:

145 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Plumbing Experts

Andrew Bugbee

Level 2 Expert

259 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

46031 Answers

Gil Shultz

Level 3 Expert

3382 Answers

Are you a Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides