The clock is incorrect and the backlight won't "sleep"
The clock has a diffrent time every time I power it up minutes are correct but the hours are off. last time it switched itself to military time. also I have to manually turn off the backlight now.
(yes I am powering up outside)
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The Sleep Timer mode is an energy-saving feature that enables you to set a time for the monitor to
power on and off at the same time every day. This also extends the life of the backlight bulbs in the
monitor. The Sleep Timer has five settings:
? Set Current Time
? Set Sleep Time
? Set On Time
? Timer: On/Off
? Sleep Now
To set the timer:
1. Press the Menu button on the monitor front panel to display the OSD Menu.
2. Scroll down and highlight Management.
3. Press the OK button to select Management.
4. Scroll down and highlight and select Sleep Timer > Set Current Time. NOTE: You must set the current local time before you reset the time for Sleep Time or On Time. Note that the time is displayed in a 24-hour clock format. For example, 1:15 p.m. is displayed as 13 hours 15 minutes. A power failure or loss of power to the monitor will cause the timer to reset to 00:00. If this occurs, you will need to reset the sleep timer mode.
5. Press the OK button once to enter the adjustment mode for hours.
6. Press the - (Minus) or + (Plus) button to adjust the hour.
7. Press the OK button again to enter the time for minutes.
8. Press the - (Minus) or + (Plus) button to adjust the minutes.
9. Press the OK button to lock in the time chosen.
10. After setting the current time, the highlight automatically skips to Set Sleep Time. Repeat steps 6 through 9 to set Sleep Time.
11. If you do not want to set Sleep Time, press the OK button twice, then select Save and Return to exit the menu.
12. After setting Sleep Time, the highlight automatically skips to Set On Time. Repeat steps 6 through 9 to set On Time.
13. Set the Timer mode to On to activate the Sleep Timer settings.
14. When you are finished, select Save and Return to exit the menu.
The fifth selection, Sleep Now, turns the monitor backlights off immediately and stays in sleep mode
until the next On Time activates or a monitor button is pressed.
easiest way to set clock time. Remove AA battery's if installed.
Unplug Clock from AC. Wait a few seconds. Then replug clock into AC power. Clock will now flash 12:00. Press hours button until correct time is set PM has led on AM has Led off. Set minutes to correct minutes. Then press alarm reset / power/mode button. Wait a few seconds and display will show correct time. Now you can put the AA batteries back in.
Hold the display mode button until the hours part of the clock flashes on alarm 1. Then press the sleep button twice. This will allow you to adjust the hours part of the time using the CD forward and reverse buttons. To adjust the minutes part of the time hold the display mode button again until the hours part of the clock flashes on alarm 1 . Then press the program button once and the sleep button twice. This will now allow you to change the minutes for your clock also using the CD forward and reverse buttons. Leave for a couple of minutes and your time is now set.
1. In AUX mode press and hold the SNOOZE/SLEEP button an then press the SNOOZE/SLEEP button to select the 12 or 24 hour time format in the display. Press and hold the SNOOZE/SLEEP button or wait 5 seconds and the time format will default to your latest time format selection and the time format will be confirmed.
2. In standby mode press the TIME button. The hour digits will flash in the display.
3. Press the <--- ---> buttons to adjust the hour digits and then press the TIME button to adjust the minutes.
4. Repeat step 3 for the minute digits and then press TIME button to confirm the clock setting.
Travel alarm clocks can have varying
instructions, depending on the type of clock you are using. Here are
some tips for use that will apply to any alarm clock.
Travel alarm clocks will need to
have some sort of power source. Depending on the type of alarm clock,
it might be battery-powered or it might have a cord that needs to be
plugged in. Battery-powered alarm clocks can take mini watch batteries,
AAA batteries or sometimes AA batteries. Travel alarm clocks, because of
their tiny size, usually have the small batteries that need to be
bought from a watch store or a dollar store. Before you leave, make sure
you have a working power source and can turn it on.
Changing the time
After you reach your final
destination, power the alarm clock on. Now you'll need to set the time
and date correctly. Check a watch, cell phone or television to get the
exact time and locate the buttons or dials on your alarm clock. On some,
there will be a "time" or an "hour" button you need to press and hold
to activate the alarm time change. While you are holding it down, turn
the dial, press the hour button or press the (+) button until you notice
a time change. On others, simply pressing the hour or minute button
will let you change the time shown.
The AM/PM option is critical in
setting your alarm clock correctly. Make sure the LCD display on your
clock has a light beside the correct AM or PM setting, or look for the
letters AM or PM on the display. If you get this wrong, the alarm won't
go off in the morning!
Setting alarm time
To set the alarm time, look for a
button or a switch that says alarm. If there is a switch, move it to
the alarm setting. If it is a button, you'll need to hold it down until
the time starts flashing, signaling time to change the hours and minutes
to the desired alarm time, or hold it down while you press the hours
and minutes buttons to reach the alarm time you want.
Turn alarm on
Now double-check that your
regular and alarm times are correct by switching the switch back and
forth again, or by pressing the alarm/time buttons long enough to read
the time set. There should be a picture of a bell somewhere on your LCD
display showing that the alarm is set to "on." If there isn't, look for
the on/off alarm button and move it to the correct position.
The last step is finding the
alarm wake-up option. Not all travel alarm clocks have this option, but
if yours does there will be a switch or button that lets you choose to
wake up by a buzzer, the radio, a CD, or another device.
The sleep button sets the radio to play for a set length of time and then turn off. Thus you can fall asleep with the radio on and not have to remember to turn it off. It works when the clock's Auto/On/Off switch is set to Auto or Off. The default is 59 minutes before it turns off. You can adjust the time until it turns off by holding the sleep button and the hour (lengthen the sleep time) or minute (shorten the time until it goes to sleep) button. The longest duration is 1 hour and 59 minutes until shut off.
Set the clock You must set the clock so that the system announces the correct day and time with any incoming messages. After this, if you subscribe to the caller ID service, the system will update the clock eac h time new call information is received. Press PLAY/STOP to exit at anytime while setting the clock.
1. Press and hold CLOCK until the message window displays C and the default day is announced. 2. To change the day setting, press MEMO/REPEAT or ANNC/SKIP until the correct day is announced. 3. Press CLOCK. The current hour setting is announced. The correct day setting is saved. 4. To change the hour setting, press MEMO/REPEAT or ANNC/SKIP until the correct hour is announced. 5. Press CLOCK. The current minute setting is announced. The correct hour setting is saved. 6. To change the minute setting, press MEMO/REPEAT or ANNC/SKIP until the correct minute setting is announced. 7. Press CLOCK. The cu rrent year is announced. The correct minute setting is saved. 8. To change the year setting, press MEMO/REPEAT or ANNC/SKIP until the corr ect year is announced. 9. Press and release CLOCK. The new day, time and year are announced. The correct year setting is saved. To check the clock, press CLOCK.