Question about Computers & Internet
To configure the router follow the steps below:
1. Connect a ethernet cable from the Modem to the WAN port of the router(isolated port).
2. Connect the computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports. Please make sure that THERE IS NO DIRECT CONNECTION BETWEEN THE MODEM AND THE COMPUTERS (either using Ethernet cable or USB cable).
3. Open the browser(Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox).
4. Access the router settings with the address: www.routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm
5. Whenever prompted for username and password please enter User Name as 'admin' and Password as 'password'.
6. Click 'setup wizard'(at the top of list) from left menu.
7. Select yes and Click next.
8. In case you get the message: 'You already have a valid internet connection do you still want to continue', click 'YES'.
9. It should give you either a "Dynamic IP Detected" or "PPPoE detected".
10. If you get "Dynamic IP Detected" click on 'Next'. On the next page select 'Use Computer MAC Address' under Router MAC Address' and click 'Apply'.
11. If you get "PPPoE detected" click on 'Next'. Enter the login name and password provided by the ISP. Click Apply.
12. From the left menu go to 'Router Status' and check if you get the internet port ip address.
13. Click on 'Logout' (at the bottom of the list) from left menu.
14. Open up another browser window and try to access internet.
OR download the manual frm here:
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Jul 03, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 02, 2014 | NetGear RP614 4 Port Cable/DSL Router with...
Jan 07, 2014 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Sep 15, 2013 | Linksys WRT120N Router
Jan 14, 2011 | D-Link DIR-628 Wireless Router
May 19, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jan 13, 2010 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Oct 27, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jul 06, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Sep 13, 2008 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
290 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!