Question about NetGear WGR614 54 Mbps Wireless Router - Wireless router - EN, Fast EN, 802.11b, 802.11g
How de install for wgr614 is there a download i can use?
No CD required. You need to make sure the router is plugged in to the wall and contected to your PC/Laptop. Also ensure that you have your DSL cable connected.
Then open your web-browser and type into the address line the default gateway which will be either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1
You will be asked for a user name & password. which will be "admin" in both instances or the user name will be "admin" & the password will be "password"
This takes you into your router configuration page where you need to enter your login details as provided by your ISP.
Hope this helps
Posted on Jul 03, 2009
Router does not require installation software for its configuration. It can be configured manually using a browser.
1. Connect a ethernet cable from the Modem to the WAN port of the router(isolated port).
2. Connect the computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports. Please make sure that THERE IS NO DIRECT CONNECTION BETWEEN THE MODEM AND THE COMPUTERS (either using Ethernet cable or USB cable).
3. Open the browser(Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox).
4. Access the router settings with the address: www.routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm
5. Whenever prompted for username and password please enter User Name as 'admin' and Password as 'password'.
6. Click 'setup wizard'(at the top of list) from left menu.
7. Select yes and Click next.
8. In case you get the message: 'You already have a valid internet connection do you still want to continue', click 'YES'.
9. It should give you either a "Dynamic IP Detected" or "PPPoE detected".
10. If you get "Dynamic IP Detected" click on 'Next'. On the next page select 'Use Computer MAC Address' under Router MAC Address' and click 'Apply'.
11. If you get "PPPoE detected" click on 'Next'. Enter the login name and password provided by the ISP. Click Apply.
12. From the left menu go to 'Router Status' and check if you get the internet port ip address.
13. Click on 'Logout' (at the bottom of the list) from left menu.
14. Open up another browser window and try to access internet.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Jul 03, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: install netgear wgr614
Well which version of that router are you using - there are 9 different version of that model of router - you can find it most likely on the bottom of it on a sticker - find your version and here is a link to getting the manual for your versioin - the manual will tell you how to set it up by using your browser instead of the CD - if you have any problems then i can help you - just let me know. Thanks.
Posted on Sep 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 20, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Sep 30, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Sep 19, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Sep 30, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Mar 29, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jan 07, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Router
Oct 18, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Sep 03, 2008 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Dec 22, 2007 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
85 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!