Question about Brother HL-5240 Laser Printer
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 18, 2011 | HP DeskJet 920c InkJet Printer
Jan 08, 2011 | HP DeskJet 932c InkJet Printer
Jan 29, 2010 | HP DeskJet 940c InkJet Printer
Jan 06, 2010 | HP DeskJet 932c InkJet Printer
Aug 04, 2009 | HP Deskjet F2210 InkJet Printer
Feb 20, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo R2400 InkJet Printer
Oct 23, 2008 | Lexmark Color JetPrinter Z23 InkJet
May 28, 2008 | HP LaserJet 1012 Printer
May 06, 2008 | HP DeskJet 940c InkJet Printer
That flashing pattern is consistent with a stuck carriage. Here is a copy/paste from HP concerning the 5000 series and your flashing lights.
The print cartridge carriage is stuck.
1. Open the top access door on the printer.
2. Remove the ink cartridges.
3. Close the cartridge flaps after removing the ink cartridges.
4. Turn the printer off, then on again.
5. Replace the ink cartridges.
6. Close the top access door. Issue
The Resume light continues to blink after the cartridges are released.
The carriage is stuck or makes a grinding noise.
1. Lift the top cover to the printer.
2. Turn the printer off and then on again.
3. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer when the grinding noise starts. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
4. Move the carriage towards the middle of the printer (this procedure may take a couple of tries to get the timing correct).
5. Take out the cartridges and close the top cover.
6. Reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer. Plug the power cord to the wall outlet.
7. Open the top cover, reinstall the cartridges, and then close the top cover.
Oct 23, 2007 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
170 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!