Question about Audio & Video Receivers
My ONKYO -TX-SR601 just stop working. The LCD says Volume 99 but it has no sound. the knob and remote wont change it.
Found a solution that works. Power down the receiver. Unplug it from the wall. Wait 10 minutes. Plug it back in and power it back up. Worked like a champ to fix this exact problem with my TX-SR601.
Posted on Nov 01, 2008
- make your room as quiet as possible, then put your ear next to one of the tweeters (high frequency speakers; the smaller ones).
- If you hear any noise, probably a soft rushing noise or a hum, then your problem is probably an input source problem, not the amplifier itself.
- Plug in some headphones, and see if you can hear your music that way. If so, then the problem is probably the amplifier section, or your speakers, or your speaker connections, not an input.
- Turn the volume down, then look to see if a Tape Monitor button is pushed. If so, "unpush it".
- Check for any mute function that might be enabled.
- If you hear NO NOISE with your ear next to a tweeter, then verify your speaker connections; and check for blown speaker fuses (you'd expect to see a matched pair, one per channel).
- also check your speakers to see if they have fuses
- double-check your speaker connections; verify no shorts, and tight mechanical connections
Posted on Nov 10, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 01, 2016 | Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver
Mar 04, 2012 | Onkyo TX-SR601 Receiver
Mar 27, 2011 | Onkyo TX-SR601 Receiver
Jan 30, 2010 | Onkyo TX-SR703 Receiver
Jan 07, 2010 | Audio & Video Receivers
Dec 07, 2009 | Onkyo TX-SR601 Receiver
Nov 23, 2009 | Onkyo TX-DS747
Dec 25, 2007 | Onkyo TX-SR601 Receiver
Jun 04, 2006 | Onkyo TX-SR601 Receiver
347 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!