Question about Acer Computers & Internet
My DVD/Rw is not wporking the code 39 is display
I was fixing a computer the other day and ran across the following error in Device Manager on the CD-ROM drive.
"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"
Because of this error, the drive did not show up in My Computer and the customer was unable to burn CDs or read any CDs.
I uninstalled the drive from Device Manager, rebooted the computer, and the problem remained, so obviously it appeared to be a registry issue that I would have to solve. If you are receiving this Code 39 error and your CD or DVD drive is missing and has a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager, I hope this information is useful.
To solve this Code 39 error, follow these instructions:
NOTE: After removing these registry keys and rebooting, it may be necessary to reinstall any CD or DVD recording applications.
1) Close all open programs
2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders
4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.
5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone
If you found this helpful , please rate my solution below :D
Posted on Jul 03, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 02, 2012 | RCA EZDVD1BD Digital Camcorder/ DVD...
Jun 21, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
May 04, 2011 | Televison & Video
Dec 22, 2009 | Sony DRU 180A - Disk drive - DVD RW ( R...
Nov 23, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Feb 29, 2008 | LG GWA-4082N DVD RW Dual Layer Burner
209 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: