I have an acer 4200 laptop and it was working and now when i power up, it only shows the blue 'acer' screen with 'Press F2 for setup' at the bottom, then it goes blank and shows the blue screen again, it does this until i turn it off, PLEASE HELP!
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: acer 4200 laptop boots to blue screen only
You may try to restore your PC back to defaults. The process of restoring PC to defaults is simple, just hold the [alt] key and press the F10 key right when you turn the PC on to start the recovery program. Check out all the new software that you have installed on your computer, if the software are not genuine and authenticated, remove them, because they may be the cause of problem. Another way is, get in the BIOS and turn of the option of Autostart at system failure.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Immediately after pressing the power up button, start repeatedly pressing F2 while the Acer logo is displaying. The Bios setup screen should appear. If you press F2 too soon, the keyboard may not have initialized yet. If you press it too late, Windows will proceed to launch. Press it once, wait a second, press, it again, wait another second, and repeat this while the Acer logo is displaying until you see the bios setup screen.
This is standard approach with most Acers. That said, some laptops may defer to either Ff being the key to press or CTRL+ALT+EXC. Such would be entered as the above mentioned F2. Your Aspire appears to be a desktop and I suspect F2 will suffice.
Suggest using Acer eRecovery Management to attempt problem resolution as follows...
1. begin with the D250 powered off ...
2. if present, remove any external monitor (unplug its VGA connector from D250 left side)
3. power on and immediately press F2 to enter the BIOS / setup utility
4. using the right cursor key, cursor over to the Main tab of the InsydeH20 Setup Utility
5. if D2D Recovery is not enabled, cursor down to it, press Enter key and enable in pop-up
6. save any changes by pressing F10 to save and exit, otherwise press Esc to just exit
7. press Alt and F10 together while the Acer logo is showing to get entry into eRecovery.
8. eRecovery entry is indicated by message at bottom of screen "Windows is loading files...".
9. if not successful, power off, wait a minute then power on again and immediately
10. press Alt and F10 at the same time - do this several times while Acer logo showing.
11. once in Acer eRecovery Management (V7.0.10) screen, just leave it there........
12. if after a day or so, the screen has not changed, the problem is likely NOT hardware.
13. on the other hand, if your screen problem occurs after awhile, then it is hardware.
14. if it is not hardware, then your Operating System is likely corrupt or has a virus.
15. If it is not a hardware problem, you can completely restore system to factory defaults.
16. board level hardware repairs best done by sending D250 to Acer's authorized shops.
Yep, sounds like a crashed / crashing hard drive. Why can't you use the cd / dvd drive? Does it not work? You're gonna need some kind of boot up cd to start troubleshooting that laptop. XP is usually my choice.
may be some of your windows system file is got currupt, u can try by starting ur system in safe-mode. if it starts in safe-mode restore the system to privious date
start>> programmes>> accessories>>system tools>>system restore
sounds like locking up on boot, hence why nothing happens when you hit F2, try tapping F2 as soon as you push power button, if still hanging, you may need to take it to get looked at, could be a number of things causing it to lock up