Question about Nokia 3100
I need 3120 ringer solution
incoming call alert (set to ringing)
ringing tone ( pick your ring tone)
ringing volume (set to level 5 loudest)
vibrating alert (on)
message alert tone (pick tone)
instant message alert tone (standard)
keypad tones (on)
warning tones (on) this is for the alarm and ringtone this is where your problem is so double check these settings ok
alert for (all calls)
Posted on Jul 03, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Ringer doesnt work Nokia 3120
Have just fixed this problem on my 3120 everything else was working on it except this. If you take apart the phone starting with removing battery, then the face plate and touchpad, then using a T6 screwdriver remove the 6 screws holding motherboard to the chassis and remove motherboard. Then remove silver metal base plate to expose the Antenna Assembly, very gently remove this part as this is where the ringer is. When you are looking at this you will see two little spring loaded balls on the left hand side, you should be able to put your finger on one of these to get a clicking sound. Both of these should be in the up position if not do this, with a very thin blade gently go into the seam nearest the spring loaded balls and cutting thru the glue go along edge of seam until they pop up. Then put it all back together again and hopefully this has sovled your problem. My phone was out of warranty and i had 3 quotes of $70-$90 to fix so i had nothing to loseby doing this.
Posted on Jan 16, 2009
SOURCE: my Nokia 3120 Ringer Problem
If you can't the ringer of your phone,check the settings on your profile if its activated and volume is up,otherwise,it seems your buzzer/speaker is the problem,sometimes when the phone gets drop on the ground, buzzer contacts may be dislocated or probably need a buzzer replacement.
To work with this problem and can DIY,
* you need a T6 precision screw driver or any tool that can release the screw.
1. Remove the battery cover
2. Remove the battery pack.
3. On the front panel/housing,release the 2 clips on the bottom using even your thumbnail and lift up the front housing.
4. release the 6 screw using the said tool.
5. lift up the entire module which is the LCD with frame and together with the mainboard.
6. On the back housing,you will see a 2 gold plated pins on the upper potion,that is seems to be the connector were the buzzer is connected and hide underneath.
7. clean it first,check if there's a corrosion and align it as well.
8. located the interface were the 2 metal pins is align connected unto the board.clean it as well.
9. Now assemble the phone and try if it is working then.
If not working,need a parts replacement and this could be possible if you bring to the a mobile service shop near you for replacing the said part.
Hoping this method helps you in a way. Thank you for visiting FixYa.
Posted on Jul 16, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 02, 2012 | Nokia Cell Phones
Jul 16, 2011 | Nokia 3120 Cellular Phone
Jun 06, 2011 | Nokia 3120 Cellular Phone
Mar 21, 2008 | Nokia 3100
Feb 22, 2008 | Nokia 3120 Cellular Phone
595 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!