I have installed new cartridges the colour prints perfect but the black is blurred with lies through it. i also found a small t shaped rubber piece about about 4mm x 6mm in the paper tray could this be the...
this rubber piece can be actually locket from printer rollers, but, returning to your smudgy printing
1. remove cartridges from the printer
2. check if there is bit of paper stuck anywhere in paper path, if so, remove
3. check if rollers on paper path are clean
4. touch bottom of the cartridge with absorbent tissue to check if ink is flowing through, if yes then insert cartridges back and print test page.
5. if cartridge do not allow inkflow, check what solvent is used (water, isopropyl alcohol or methylated spirit - this which do not cause precipitation is correct solvent), soak absorbent paper (tissue) with proper solvent and whipe head of the cartridge with it, 6. put drop of the solvent on golden knobs inside seats of the cartridges of the printer, allow it to soak in, wipe off with lint free tissue and put another drop of solvent in. allow soak in,
7. install cartridges back, print test page, it should start printing very weak and improving as it goes through the page (solvent will be printed first)
8. create "strip page" one line yellow, white space, one line cyan, white, magenta, white, black - print that page, this print will clean printheads and establish good inkflow.
all ink printers must print at least one page per week as to keep heads free of gum and ink in flow.
Jul 28, 2010 |
HP PSC 1610 All-In-One InkJet Printer