Re: no factory remote i can't acess to the menu system
Most televisions and monitors have a menu button next to the power, volume, and channel buttons on the face, top, or side of the set. It can be a pain but you can usually press the menu button to bring the menu up and then select and change settings by pressing menu again to choose a setting and using the channel and/or volume up and down buttons to raise or lower the setting. The exact function varies based on the set so you may need to fiddle around a bit. Unfortunately some sets do require the remote to perform some functions.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Have you checked the TV without other devices connected to the TV.
Eg. disconnect any home theatre or speakers from the TV.
Verify with audio menu if the settngs of TV speakers is on or off ?
To adjust the audio settings:
1. Press the menu button on the remote. The on-screen menu
2. Use the arrow buttons on the remote to highlight audio and press ok. The AUDIO menu is displayed.
3. Use the arrow buttons to highlight the setting you wish to adjust, then press left/right arrow buttons to change the setting:
• TV speakers - Turns the built-in speakers on or off.
Lastly have you tried restoring the TV to factory default settings.
To restore the TV to its factory default settings:
1. Press the menu button on the remote. The on-screen menu is
2. Use the arrow buttons on the remote to highlight system
and press ok. The SYSTEM menu is displayed.
3. Highlight reset & admin and press ok. The RESET & ADMIN
menu is displayed.
4. Highlight reset TV to factory defaults and press ok.
5. If you have changed the default parental control passcode,
enter it now.
The TV displays, "Select Reset to restore all TV settings to
factory defaults and clear all account information."
6. Highlight reset and press ok.
7. Wait for the TV to turn off. The TV will turn back on shortly
afterward and the Setup App will begin
first question. you need a remote to get to the inputs on the tv. some reason they made it like that. get universal remote and try it if don't work return and try another brand ect.
try another code maybe or jsut return it and try another remote. the rca 15-2115 5 device remote i have workes with the "A/B tv?vcr". on the origional remote that comes with the tv there are actually 2 buttons. one is called "input" and the other is "game". the only difference between them is turns the game mode on and off in the picture menu. i really don't like haveing "game mode" on because it makes the picture looks bad to me. you can turn it off in the picture menu easy.
The manual can be found near the bottom of the Product page for this TV.
From the manual, pg 11 -
If you misplaced your Remote Control you can still access most settingsvia the MAIN MENU screen when you press both CH UP (8) andDOWN (9)on the TV set.•Some features of your TV Set will not be accessible without the RemoteControl. If you lost your Remote Control, contact a Sharp AuthorizedServicer by calling 1-800-BE-SHARP for a replacement.