Question about Philips 37MF231D 37 in. LCD Television
Um you might just need a fresh bulb inside the tv just so the tv doesnt do that so that should work they only cost around 100 to 200 dollers
Posted on Jul 07, 2009
1. Remove all screws around perimeter, one screw at the lower right at (Side A/V), and 2 1”round plastic knob s.
2. Remove back cover
3. At lower left side remove 2 screws for On/Off switch cut tie wrap that holds wire down for free movement.
4. Disconnect wire connector to side A/V at lower right side
5. Disconnect wire connector to right side circuit Board
6. Disconnect wire connector to left side circuit board
7. Remove the 2 mounting brackets upper left and upper right 2 screws each.
8. Remove 3 screws each side of the metal box in the middle
9. Fold back metal tape off bottom and top of metal box
10. 1 wire connector at top of box I left connected
11. Flip metal box over towards top of Tv. Be careful of wire at top thats still connected.
12. On left side in box is power supply board
13. Towards bottom of board you should see the numbers C2081 and C2074
14. Remove the six screws holding down power supply board
15. Flip board down towards bottom of Tv.
16. Unsolder capacitors replace with new 1200uf 35v and 2200uf 35v 105°C radial capacitors
17. Capacitors should be around 1/2” to 5/8” dia. X 1.25 long appox. 2 Wires come out of one end should be .030 dia.
18. Reassemble in reverse order and enjoy
Posted on Jul 06, 2009
have you ever try to reset this unit,
To reset your TV unit you just unplug the cord from the wall socket for five hours, the purpose for this is to drain the stored current in the memory IC, in order to erase the stored command. Then after five hours plug it again. To see what ever
Good luck !!!
Posted on Jul 05, 2009
If its a Philips TV then the best place to get parts will be to contact philips, also you can try ebay. Please tell me the brand and model no so that I can assist you further.
Posted on Jul 03, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 25, 2015 | Vizio Televison & Video
Feb 04, 2013 | Televison & Video
Dec 04, 2010 | LG RU-60SZ30 60" Rear Projection...
Aug 13, 2009 | Philips Televison & Video
Feb 05, 2009 | Samsung HP-S4253 Television
Jan 15, 2009 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-27FS100 27" TV
Sep 05, 2008 | Toshiba 15DLV76 Television
Dec 28, 2007 | Mitsubishi VS-50803 50" Rear Projection...
Jan 13, 2007 | Craig CTV-41904 19" TV
104 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: