Question about NetGear DG834G Router
Hi this is an ADSL compatible router and will work with DSL or ADSL connection Follow the steps below to configure the router:
1. Connect the cable/phone line coming from Internet Service Provider to the WAN port of the router(isolated port).
2. Connect the computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports.
3. Open the browser(Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox).
4. Access the router (usually http://192.168.0.1).
5. Login to the router (User Name = admin Password = password unless you have changed it).
6. Click 'setup wizard'(at the top of list) from left menu.
7. Select yes and click next.
8. It should give you a "PPPoA Detected" and then click next.
9. Enter the login and Password of ISP click apply.
10. Once the settings are updated click on 'Router Status' and click on 'connection status' button(at the bottom of the page).
11. Click on connect button.
12. Connecting to server should show 'connected'.
13. If you receive 'CHAP authentication failed', close the 'connection status' window and click on 'Basic settings'. Check the login and password for ISP and apply the setting again.
14. Open up another browser window and try to access internet.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest
FixYa rating. (Two Thumbs Up) If you cannot rate this post with the highest
rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Jul 02, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 30, 2015 | NetGear DG834G Router
Jan 08, 2012 | NetGear Computers & Internet
Jan 28, 2010 | NetGear DG834G Router
Jan 16, 2010 | NetGear DG834G Router
Dec 15, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
Jan 24, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
Dec 22, 2008 | NetGear DG834G 54 Mbps 802.11g Wireless...
Feb 28, 2008 | NetGear DG834G Router
Feb 06, 2008 | NetGear DG834G 54 Mbps 802.11g Wireless...
393 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!