Locked out of my spv c600 smart phone
After many wrong attempts, I nailed the C600 like a cheap trick. Thanks to all the genius here at spv-developers. Here it goes:
activesync 4.0 (on disk that came with phone),
SPV-service kit (on this site),
regeditSTG (on this site),
Cingular SIMS chip,
MiniSD card AND USB MiniSD Card reader for computer,
(optional, but easier) Orange temp SIMS chip
2. Pop JUST the Orange SIMS chip into the phone and get activesync
working with the phone in guest mode, to transfer files later, etc.
3. With the MiniSD card in the reader attached to your computer,
download the aforemensioned utilities, and unzip (if neccessary) to a
new folder on the desktop. Copy both the Cert.cab from the SPV-Service
kit contents AND regeditSTG.exe to the storage card.
4. Turn off the phone. Insert the MiniSD Card into the phone. Boot up
the phone. Open File Manager, then Menu > Options > File Browser
Settings. You should uncheck all the options that hide system things.
Navigate back up to your storage card, and click/open the
regeditSTG.exe. Change the following entries:
HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1
HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40
5. Reboot the phone. After which, you should be able to click/run the Cert.cab on your storage card successfully.
6. NOW run the spvservice.exe (making sure that the phone is all back
to the today screen and that activesync is all connected and ok) on
your computer. Follow the prompts, and the app will get past the
'Unknown error -2147467259 in read operation' problems, presenting you
with the status (Locked), and a button to 'Unlock' the phone. Duh.
Click the unlock button.
7. TURN OFF THE PHONE. YOU HUNGRY LOOKIN' ******.
8. Replace the Orange SIMS chip with your existing Cingular SIMS chip. Then boot up the phone. You should now have service.
If you don't, and you want to ask me for help, my domain is where the
image above is hosted, go to the root of the domain, and find a contact
email address. Don't be stupid. Of course I'm not going to post my
email address on a site that gets crawled over more that J-Lo.
May 26, 2009 |