Question about Motorola Mobility RAZR V3

1 Answer

Phone got a little wet - now no singal?

My phone was in my pocket when I had pop spilled on me - I immediately took the battery out and cleaned it off as best I could. I let it dry over night and now it turns on, all the buttons appear to function and the screen is fine - however, it now cannot find a service. o.0 Suggestions?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.


    An expert that has over 500 points.

  • Expert
  • 316 Answers
Re: Phone got a little wet - now no singal?

Try cleaning the sim
give it a rub over with a soft eraser and see if this helps
if not then i'm affraid the pop has shorted the antenna connection

Posted on Nov 09, 2007

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do I make my EnV3 stop vibrating?

Take out the battery and put the phone in some rice. It should help completely dry your phone out.

Dec 04, 2011 | LG enV3 VX9200 Cell Phone

1 Answer

What can I do if i left my cell phone under the sun and its get wet

take the battery out immediately and put phone and battery for an hour or so then clean with a qtip and a little rub alchohol on qtip then put back together and try to turn on good luck

Apr 26, 2011 | Samsung Star GT-S5233 Cell Phone

1 Answer

My phone got wet and now it says emergency download

Check out this link below to download a PDF manual, software, Warranty Info and more for your phone. Just copy and paste into your browser.

From page 224 in your manual:
Avoid exposing your phone and accessories to rain or liquid spills. If
your phone does get wet, immediately turn the power off and remove
the battery.
From page 236 in your manual:
Phone 1 Year
Batteries 1 Year
Leather Case/Pouch/Holster 90 Days
Game Pad 90 Days
Other Phone Accessories 1 Year

Hope this helps, let me know if I can do anything else for you. Don’t forget to rate me or leave a short not. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Oct 15, 2009 | Samsung A740 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

Coke spilled on nokia e90 and front display is not working

Remove the battery immediately, and use a hair dryer to dry up all the traces of coke. Do it for a few minutes at a time, many times till you are sure that the phone is totally dried up. Then insert the battery and poweron the phone. By using it wet I only hope that you have not short circuited some portion. DO NOT USE THE HEAT while doing it.

Aug 27, 2009 | Nokia Cell Phones

1 Answer

Keypad wont work

we will need to replace the keyboard it is usually pretty easy depends on the phone you have fairly cheaper than buying a new phone. hope it helps.

May 02, 2009 | Cell Phones

1 Answer

My cell phone sonyericsson got wet.. not working now.

Take your battery out, and look for the moisture indicator.... it should be a little circle with red hash marks. If it's solid red, the battery is probably toast.... you might want to see if you can borrow a battery and try it before you sell the phone.

Mar 04, 2009 | Sony Ericsson w580i Cellular Phone

2 Answers


If you have insurance, it will probably cover water damage. The warranty will not. If you want to try to fix it yourself, read on.
Taking the battery out immediately is essential in order to prevent short-circuiting between leads of delicate components or the components themselves. However, the common misconception of then drying all of the circuit boards and components without specifically cleaning out the moisture first will probably ruin your phone. Let me explain. When the circuits get wet, many unintended current paths are created through the liquid. That's why it is important to remove the battery ASAP and leave it off until the repair is finished. However, the most common type of damage occurs after the electronics dry off. Sure, the water is gone, but any dissolved solids in the water remain. These deposits (sugar, coffee, soap, minerals from tap water, etc) remain and dry on the electronics as a hard film that can't be removed. These deposits will affect the digital and radio-frequency circuits of the phone, rendering it junk.
The solution is pretty simple. If the phone gets wet (dropped in a toilet, soda spilled on it, gone through the washer, etc), remove the battery and keep the phone wet (put it in a ziploc baggie) until you can clean it with DISTILLED water. Distilled water has no minerals in it, so it will dry without any residue left behind. DO NOT USE TAP WATER. Disassemble the phone completely, and use a syringe to spray everything off. Pay special attention to the circuit boards, chip leads, ribbon cable connectors, and anything else that looks electrical. Don't be afraid to get the electronics wet. That's what we need to do. The idea is to ensure none of the original liquid is remaining. Once completed, shake off the excess water, and place all of the components in a warm dry place for 24-48 hours. Once dry, reassemble the phone and enjoy it.
I have used this procedure 6 times, and it was successful 5 times. One morning my wife called me and said my son's phone had just gone through the washer. I had her rinse it off under the faucet with tap water to get rid of the excess soap and put it in a baggie to keep it wet until I got home. That night i used this procedure to repair it and the phone worked fine. The 1 time it didn't work, some soda had already dried on the circuit board and I couldn't get all of it off.

Sep 13, 2008 | Samsung SYNC SGH-A707 Cellular Phone

1 Answer


When my screen got wet, I took it to Verizon. If your water indicater doesn't show any water damage they will give you a free phone no charge.
The water indicater is located underneath the battery, Pop the battery off and if the little circle is red there is no water damage.
Hope this helps.

Nov 30, 2007 | LG enV VX9900 Cellular Phone

37 Answers

My phone displays 'unable to charge' or no battery icon?

I plugged my phone up and all of a sudden got the message "Unable to charge" on it. I changed chargers (i had an extra one), i changed batteries (i had an extra one), and i swapped every combination imaginable.
My solution....
My Razr's plug has an opening to plug the phone that resembles a person's navel, and it got dirt and dust bunnies in it while it was in and out of my pockets. I was able to take an old tooth brush (or your new one if your really desperate), and got a can of office duster that you use to clean keyboards. Turn the can of office duster upside down for a second while you are spraying it and liquid will come out as you are spraying the connector. Immediately after that, use your toothbrush to work it inside the dirty connector to free it from anything that will keep it from making good contact. Then, hold the can of office duster upright and it will only spray air... and blow the connector free of anything that you loosened with the brush. Repeat this process if after all this it still doesn't work... because you have a REALLY REALLY dirty connector if it doesn't work after the first try.

Dec 28, 2006 | Motorola Mobility RAZR V3

Not finding what you are looking for?
Motorola Mobility RAZR V3 Logo

30 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Motorola Mobility Cell Phones Experts

D. E. Hev

Level 3 Expert

1059 Answers

Chris Hunt

Level 3 Expert

1342 Answers

Lawrence Oravetz

Level 3 Expert

7235 Answers

Are you a Motorola Mobility Cell Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides