Question about Computers & Internet
My netbook has no cd drive and i would like to install the cricket um100c driver to the netbook
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
for your download click htt
This device will work on win7, no problem. You'll need the install disc or the software.
UM100 win7 64bit
1.Double-click the quicklinkmobile.exe application from cricket. It will unpack a folder with the installation files in the same folder the quicklinkmobile.exe app is residing.
2.Go in that folder and click on start.exe, then click on install quick link mobile. Go through the normal setup as you normally would.
3.Once it finishes installing, connect your UM100 UTStarcom modem on a free USB Port. Don't open the Cricket Wireless application just yet.
4. Go to start menu, right click on Computer and select properties. Then click on device manager on the left. You will find the UM100 modem has an exclamation point on it.
5.Right click it and select update driver. Select "Browse mycomputer for driver" Option at the bottom. Click on Browse to select a driver from a location, then navigate to your root drive (usually C: and sometimes D then to Program Files (x86)/Cricket/Quick Link Mobile/System
6.Make sure you navigate to this cricket wireless installation folder. It should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cricket\QuickLink Mobile\System. Once you find it click ok. Make sure "Include subfolders" is selected under it. Click on "next" and now it will install the driver.
7. After it installs, it will create two more Unknown devices with exclamation points. Wait a couple of minutes for the system to finish up installing that one before you continue with this instructions.
8. Now repeat steps 5 and 6 above for each of the two unknown devices until there are no more devices with exclamation points in device manager.
9. Now open Up Cricket Wireless application on your desktop or start menu, and continue with the normal modem activation of the wizard that appears. That's it! It will now detect the modem and activate it. Allowing you to use it.
10. Go and find whoever said you couldn't use this modem on 64-bit systems and punch them in the face.
11. Call me so I can punch them in the face again.
12. Enjoy your newly installed UTStarcom UM100 cricket modem on your 64 bit system. Ask Cricket to update their website with this information. Punch them in the face too for the sake of completeness
Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-mobile-broadband-devices/20339-utstarcom-um100c.html#ixzz22FHP7OMr
hope this helps
Jul 22, 2012 | Sabrent USB 2.0 NT-USB20 Ethernet Adapter
Jun 03, 2012 | Dell Inspiron Mini 10v PC Notebook
Apr 22, 2011 | HP Mini 1000 Netbook
Jan 10, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 26, 2010 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
May 20, 2010 | EA Sports Cricket 07 for Windows
Mar 22, 2010 | Lexmark X1270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 16, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 01, 2010 | Computers & Internet
198 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!