Question about Lucent 1872 Corded Phone
Astonishingly, assignment of announcement to phone line is not documented in the user manual. Tech support was totally worthless concerning this issue. I had to discover it by trial and error. To assign an announcement to a specific phone line do the following:
1) Record your announcement message for a, b, c, ao, etc. as documented
2) Press program
3) Keep pressing the feature button until ANNC appear at the bottom of screen, line 1 appears at the top, and the letter 'a' appears in the middle.
4) Choose the announcement to be assigned to Line 1 by pressing the select button
5) Press the feature button again. Line 2 appears in the display.
6) Repeat step 4 to select the announcement to be assigned to Line 2.
7) Press program button, or take phone off-hook to end the sequence.
Shame on AT&T for such shoddy documentation, and lack of support for their products!
Posted on Jun 03, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Recording the Outgoing Announcement
For best results when recording, you should be about nine inches from the microphone,
and eliminate as much background noise as possible.
1. Make sure the answering system is On2. Press and hold the announce button on the base.
3. Begin speaking after you hear the beep.
4. Release the button when you finish your announcement.
NOTE: If you choose not to record an outgoing announcement, a default
announcement plays instead. To return to the default announcement after
you have recorded your own outgoing announcement, press the announce
button and release it when you hear the beep.
Sample Outgoing Announcement
"Hi, this is (use your name here), I can't answer the phone right now, so
please leave your name, number and a brief message after the tone, and
I'll get back to you. Th anks.
Sep 01, 2011 | GE Lands Phones
Feb 03, 2011 | Vtech DECT 6.0 Digital Cordless Phone
Dec 10, 2010 | Panasonic KX-T7630 Corded Phone
Sep 26, 2009 | Lucent 1872 Corded Phone
Sep 25, 2009 | Lucent 1872 Corded Phone
Jul 07, 2009 | Vodavi Starplus SP7314-08 Corded Phone
Mar 25, 2009 | General Electric 28821FE2 Phone
Aug 16, 2008 | NorStar M7324 Telephone
Mar 04, 2007 | GE 25881EE3 Phone
Jan 09, 2007 | Lucent 1872 Corded Phone
292 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!