Question about Zyxel ES-2108 8PORT 10/100BT MAN L2 SWITCH (ES2108)
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have recently gone through the process of setting up a wireless network in my home and I found that a lot of routers and access points 9especially in the wireless N and MIMO categories) have that same problem. Are you trying to go with wireless N? If so then you must be careful what you buy because cross brand connections are not always compatible and also most N routers on the market today do things like drop the connection for no reason. I would recommend the apple airport if you are looking for a good router in the N category. I know they are expensive, but after trying out 5 different routers including all the top brands, I came across the airport and haven't had a problem since. This issue you are having is likely a problem with the router itself.
Posted on Aug 17, 2007
SOURCE: Hi there I am working
How long did you leave it powered off for? It should be powered off for at least 30 seconds for the connection to actual die out.
If not, try click start, run, type in cmd and press enter. Then if your IP is 192.168.0.1 for example type telnet 192.168.0.1 and press enter. Log in through the command line and try enter restart, reload, or reboot. One of these should power cycle through the command line which will kill any "ghost" or active sessions.
Please let me know if this helps.
Posted on Nov 28, 2008
SOURCE: P-661H-D3 zyxel problem?
The fact that it does not get an IP address almost certainly means that the router is KAPUT. You may try to add in a manuel address. In you network settings of your computer you can put the following IP addresses:
IP Address : 192.168.0.100
SUBNET MASK : 255.255.255.0
GATEWAY : 192.168.0.1
then try to see if you can connect to the internet (see if the internet light then comes on.)
Let me know if it works. I may still be able to help you after that.....
My email = email@example.com
Posted on Jul 15, 2009
To secure youe wireless router, follow these instructions : -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router.
Posted on Oct 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 13, 2013 | Zyxel ES-2108 8PORT 10/100BT MAN L2 SWITCH...
Apr 04, 2011 | Zyxel ES-105A (ES105A)
Jan 27, 2011 | Zyxel ES-2108 8PORT 10/100BT MAN L2 SWITCH...
Nov 01, 2010 | 3Com 4500 24-Port Ethernet Switch
Oct 28, 2010 | NetGear ProSafe GS748TP 48-Port Gigabit...
Sep 20, 2010 | HP ProCurve 2626 (J4900B) 24x10/100 Mbps...
Aug 06, 2009 | HP ProCurve 4104gl Networking Switch
Mar 27, 2009 | Zyxel IP Express IES-1000 (91004098002)
146 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: