Hello and welcome to FixYa.
If you have already windows installed and running, in order to view their product key, you can do the following:
1. Download Magic Jelly Bean KeyFinder (latest is v2.01) and follow instructions on link.
- Works for WinXP,
you only need to install then run the program on your computer.
2. Download WinGuggle and follow instructions on link.
- Works for BOTH Windows Vista and Windows 7,
again only need to install then run.
(Other really cool utility for almost all windows and office versions HERE
If you only have the disk of your windows and no label with key, and you formatted your computer already you can do the following:
1. Follow the steps provided---> here.
- For WinXP.
2. Follow the steps provided---> here.
- For Windows Vista, Windows 7.
To sum-up on this matter, the key in windows vista/7 is encrypted, separated from the actual DVD. So you can either
request another one as replacement from Microsoft as stated in the article or use the windows 7 activator to somewhat (not legal) activate it. No idea how to do the second one, haven't tried it just heard about it.
Regards from Fixya.
** PLEASE RATE MY SOLUTION IF IT HELPED YOU**