Hi there, my problem is that my protron player(PD-007) has a wrong disc symptom.i tried to check the cause of this by taking off the cover to see how it operates and i found out that the motor is not spinning so after i tried to spin it using my finger tip just to assist it,then it starts spinning or working. my question is that if the motor is the problem,how do i fix it?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This problem can often be caused by the DVD player software thinking it is in
a region different than your discs. (DVD discs are often encoded with
'region codes' meaning a disc purchased in Asia will not work in a
player expecting to see North American discs)
What can happen is
the player 'forgets' where it is, and your regioned discs won't play
any longer (region free discs should continue to work as will audio CDs
A power surge, random cosmic ray or similar flakiness can cause a player to 'forget' what region it was designed for ....
If that is what has happened you need to 'reset' the region code.
I can diagnose this, I have NO CLUE as to how to do this with a Protron
PD-800 DVD player. Anyone out there know how to reset the region codes
for this (or generically for a DVD player?)
I finally, after several months of just giving up, figured out how to get my Protron 007 DVD player to work. I hope this works for you. I have a Sanyo TV with the video controls on the front. Here are the instructions that worked for me.
1. Turn on TV
2. switch TV to video
3. Wait for "Protron" screen (Try the PSCAN button it doesn't show.)
4. Press setup and a menu will appear with 4 icons: Language, TV, a Hammer, and an Exit icon.
5. The only two icons I needed to use were TV and the Hammer.
6. TV icon: 4 choices: a) TV TYPE = choose 4.3 LB (mine was not set there); b) TV SYSTEM = NTSC; c) VIDEO = CBBS + S - video; d) DIGITAL OUT = SPDIF/RAW.
7. HAMMER icon: 4 choices: a) PARENTAL - 8; b) PASSWORD - I didn't choose one; c) ANGLE MARK: ON; d) DEFAULT: Read.
Suggestion: If that doesn't work trying playing around with the settings to see if you can get the right combination.
I hope I made your day. I know how frustrating this can be.