Question about Dell A940 All-In-One InkJet Printer
The printer was working fine after installing new cartridges, but is now printing blank pages. Even when I run a test page it is blank.
STEP 1: Disconnect and Reconnect the Printer Power Supply
1. Unplug the power cord from the wall socket.
2. Disconnect the power supply from the back of the printer.
3. Wait 15 seconds.
4. Reconnect the power supply to the back of the printer.
5. Plug the power cord back into the wall socket.
STEP 2: Run a nozzle clean on the Dell A940 inkjet printer.
To run a nozzle clean, perform the following steps:
1. Click the Start button, point to All Programs, point to Dell Printers, point to Dell AIO Printer A940, and then click Dell Printer Solution Center.
The Dell Printer Solution Center menu appears.
2. Click the Maintenance button.
The Maintenance window appears.
3. Click the Clean to fix horizontal streaks button.
4. Click the Print button.
The Nozzle Clean function prints a page.
5. Check the Nozzle Clean Printout to verify that it is free of defects and that all expected color bars exist on the page
STEP 3: Restore the printer settings to factory default
To restore the printer settings to factory default, perform the following steps:
1. Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Printers and Other Hardware.
3. Click Printers and Faxes.
4. Right-click the Dell Printer icon, and then left-click Properties.
5. Click Printing Preferences.
6. Click to select Save Settings.
7. Under Restore, click Factory Settings (Defaults).
STEP 4: Clean the Contacts and Wick the Ink Cartridge
Wicking the cartridges and cleaning the contacts on the back of the cartridge should be performed if the nozzle clean was performed and the quality was not satisfactory.
Wicking the Cartridge
1. Ensure the printer is powered on.
2. Lift the scanner unit.
3. Open the cartridge latches and remove the cartridges from the carrier.
4. Take a clean, damp cloth and wipe the nozzle of the print cartridge from front to back
Note: Never wipe the cartridges from side to side, as this causes cross-contamination in color cartridges.
Cleaning the Contacts
1. Turn the cartridge so that you are looking at the contacts on the back side of the cartridge
2. Using a clean dry cloth, wipe the contacts so that no dust or other contaminants are visible.
Note: Do not use the same cloth that was used to clean the cartridge nozzles. This may cause more contamination on the cartridge.
3. Clean the contact inside the printer with the dry cloth used to clean the cartridge contacts.
4. Replace the cartridges in the carrier and close the scanner unit.
5. Print the document again.
6. If the print quality does not improve, repeat the steps for cleaning the nozzles and contacts up to two more times as needed.
Then run again STEP 2. If the printer still prints in blank pages, contact Dell Technical Support. They may need to replace the Ink Cartridges.
Posted on Jul 02, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: won't print black!
I had same problem after refilling a cartridge, tried wiping head with damp cloth...kinda worked. I finally put my mouth over the refill hole and blew gently into it to create some pressure to unclog the cartridge. This worked very well for about a week. Then the problem recurred and I haven't had any luck getting black to print either.
Posted on Nov 07, 2007
first disconnect the unit from the computer then reset it on your computer go to control panel and add remove files and click on your printer file and select updat/repair but not remove and that will reload your software. reboot and connect your printer and start the test..that may over power the problem, if not try to reload just the driver
Posted on Nov 08, 2009
try switching both the printer and computer off & on. If it still doesn't print properly, try to copy a page rather than printing from the PC. That way you'll know if it is a printer problem or some communication error. When you say documents come out blank...are they colour documents or black only?
Posted on Nov 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 08, 2011 | Lexmark Z645 InkJet Photo Printer
Jul 16, 2010 | Epson Stylus Photo R2400 InkJet Printer
Jan 08, 2010 | Epson Stylus C86 InkJet Printer
May 26, 2009 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
Jan 05, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 08, 2008 | Televison & Video
690 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!