Question about Apple 22" Cinema Display Monitor
When I press the power button, a white light comes on and then goes off again in a couple of seconds. I'm using an Apple DVI to ADC adapter. Is the power adapter bad, or is it a monitor problem?
It's a model M8149 22" Apple Cinema Display.
This may be an issue with the display detecting the wrong video format or is using an unsupported resolution for this Apple Cinema Display 22"
• Make sure your Mac is turned off.
• Once your Mac is shutdown, you will need to perform what is called a PRAM reset (Parameter RAM)
• Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously .
• Turn on the computer.
• Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
• Now, hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the start up sound for the third time.
• Release the keys and allow the Mac to start up.
If that does not help here is additional support reference from Apple regarding its LCD displays:
Apple Support Link:
Power Light Flash Issues
Let me know if this helps!
Posted on Jan 31, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2014 | Apple Cinema HD 30" LCD Monitor
Sep 05, 2012 | Apple LED Cinema Display 24 inch LCD...
Feb 07, 2018 | Apple Cinema Display 23" HD Monitor
Apr 09, 2011 | Apple MacBook 13"White /2.0Ghz Intel Core2...
May 19, 2017 | Apple Cinema 20" LCD Monitor
Oct 20, 2010 | Apple 22" Cinema Display Monitor
Oct 11, 2010 | Apple Cinema Display 23" HD Monitor
Nov 18, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jun 30, 2009 | Apple Studio 17" Flat Panel LCD Monitor
Mar 17, 2017 | Apple 22" Cinema Display Monitor
Apr 07, 2009 | Apple 22" Cinema Display Monitor
1,571 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: