I recieved this camera as a gift and lost the manual,software and memory card.Their site does not have any support for my model number.can u please advise as to how i might replace these.Also,when i take a pic and save it to the camera,it deletes itself within a few days.please advise.
1. Digital camera? You don't need the company software, download adobe album starter it's free. Picasa from google is also free and does the same job. Both are likely worlds better then the company supplied crap.
2. Your camera takes SD memory cards, buy one online or at a computer/electronics store. It's a lower end camera so it may not support the largest SD card you can buy. I would try a 512 mb but it may support upto 2 GB or as little as 128MB. The card type is SD. Take the camera in and they will help you find one that works.
3. Dunno about that auto delete, go through the menu on the camera itself, is about the best i can suggest.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can download the manual and the software from the manufacturer's web site at
http://www.vivitar.com/products/1/digital-cameras/13/vivicam-8025 Click on the "VIvitar Experience Software" link to order the software.
You might want to consider NOT connecting your camera to your computer. The best way to download pictures from your camera to your computer involves removing the memory card from the camera and plugging it into a card reader (either built-in to the computer or connected via USB or FireWire). This is likely to be faster than connecting the camera to the computer, and won't run down your camera's batteries.
Once the card is plugged in, it will appear to your computer as a removable drive. You can use the operating system's drag&drop facility to copy pictures from the card to the computer's hard drive, the same way you copy any other files. Or you can use any photo cataloging program, such as Picasa ( http://picasa.google.com ).
Formatting a memory card initializes it and prepares it for use. In the process it will erase everything on the card. Memory cards should be formatted before use and after each time you download pictures from it.
You can download the manual from the manufacturer's web site at http://www.vivitar.com/files_products/402/ViviCam_7022_Camera_Manual.pdf
There is an alternate way of downloading images from the memory card from the camera. Get a USB memory card reader, remove the memory card from the camera, insert it into the card reader, then plug the card reader into the USB port of your computer. You will now see card reader as an external memory device, open the folder and copy your photos onto your hard drive.