When I try to charge my phone in the outlet or thruogh the usb on my computer it won't always take the charge. Although, a few times when I did connect it to the computer it would charge but it takes a while. Mostly the red light at the top of the phone that lets you know it's charging soesn't come on at all and the logo keeps flashing. I can't access anything in my phone because it is completely dead this time. If anyone has an answer to this problem please let me know and I will gladly pass it along to anyone else who is experiencing this.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: logo keeps flashing and won't take a charge.
There might be a problem with the phone or USB cable that ur using for charging, you can have it checked by using another USB port on your PC, try using another cable as well if it did nto work the phone needs service.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
honestly it sounds like your battery is dead and unable to hold a charge. If you plug in the phone to the usb charger, does it come on completely? if it does your next step is to buy a replacement battery
your battery in your garmin does not have enough power to stay on. You have to charge through your car outlet or usb port on computer. Only other option is to replace battery if it doesnt charge from car outlet since you said wont connect to computer.
My ASUS Windows 8RT tablet is what I am basing this on, but it does the same thing. It's actually pretty common for the device to remain ON (standby) while charging. If you look at the battery icon, does it show anything different than usual?
are you charging with your computer through the USB cord or did you get an adapter to charge via an outlet?
If charging with your computer, it could be a bad USB port, try the ports in the back of the tower if your using the front and vice versa.
Is the device responsive otherwise? Can you load music and the like while the device is connected? If not your USB Cord could be faulty and need to be replaced.
If you are using a laptop keep in mind that sometimes the amount of voltage required for this device does not always reach the USB ports. Try disengaging the laptop battery for an hour and then reconnecting it.
I had the same issue with my KP500's screen flashing the logo. The best way to resolve this is take it back to where you brought it from. They will send it off (which they did with mine) for a software upgrade and within a week you will have it back with no more issues and at no cost to you.
There is no quick fix solution. If you mess with the phone it voids your warranty.
Sounds like your flash went bye-bye. Make sure you are NOT holding
down */# on startup as that causes the phone to drop into bootloader.
Alteratively, if your phone keeps booting into bootloader by default,
try holding them down on startup. Also, try removing the battery,
plugging in the charger, and wait for the unable to charge to appear.
Insert the battery and let it sit for a few hours which should help.
i got the phone of ebay its a copy from china ive only had a week and wen i go 2 charg it sum times it will and other times it wont but even wen i try and turn it on it comes on for 3 seconds then goes strait off
Hey guys had the same, Try this solution before buying a new battery/charging cable (it might not be the problem):
I did these steps after playing around with it for awhile and am at the stage where my phone turns on fully and says "Battery Charging" when plugged into the charger. It is now charging normally again... Finally! (I had the flashing moto logo too when charger plugged in) I believe this problem occurs because the battery is completely drained and is unable to turn on to charge bcuz the phone needs to be on to be charged, happened to me because i left it in a jacket pocket and forgot about it for weeks. Anyways...
1. You need a USB data cable for it, it should have come with the phone, if not than any USB data cable that fits the phone's charging slot should work (charge cable for the ps3 controller will work or maybe a cable from a digital camera with the same end)
2. Connect the phone to your computer via the USB cable and a USB port that works. Make sure it's plugged in and leave it (even if nothing happens and the screen on the phone is still blank). Although the screen is black, the phone is still charging via your computer (it's just too low on battery to produce the light on the display screen to load up your phone).
3. This might take anywhere between 15 and 45 minutes so be patient and leave it plugged in, beats buying a battery of charger with your money for something that can be solved for free.
4. At some point your computer will make the usual processing noises signalling that it is finally recognizing the phone as a usb device and shortly after your ming's screen will turn on stating that the battery is charging. Success! One of two things will happen, if you have previously installed the ming's drivers to your pc it will just recognize the phone. If you are like me and do not have the drivers installed, you may choose to do so via the cd that came with the phone or just not do it at all.
5. If you want to just charge it via the computer then congrats, your job is done, just leave it plugged in and wait until it is fully charged. If you wish to switch to your regular outlet charger please proceed to step 6.
6. At this point drivers installed or not, either safely remove device from the computer or just unplugg it. Now return your phone to your usual outlet charger making sure its connected. When plugged in you'll notice the moto logo appear (no longer flashing). After about 5 seconds that logo will disappear. At this time flip open the phone. The usual turn on sequence will play out and it will now load up with the battery charging screen similar to the screen from when it was plugged into the computer. Congratulations your phone should be back to normal now.
NOTE: This charge will take longer than your normal charging time but that's just for this time since your battery is super low it will be back to normal after that. Also if this did not work for your phone then now is the time to see if the charger/phone/battery is the problem.
So I hope this helps you out and eases your state of panic. I hope I saved you guys some money with this solution and that your mings are up and running again. I know i was pretty content when the problem was fixed. Please reply with any comments, questions or concerns you may have. Enjoy your once again working mings.