Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
The blue ray cd drive has gone bad. It (the reader) will need to be replaced.
Sorry. :^ (
Posted on Jul 01, 2009
Oi dont listen to these all you have to do is reformatt the hard drive and comprendo it works
Posted on Jul 07, 2009
Before you go buy a new laser, try cleaning your system.
I had similar problem a few weeks back. you can find multiple videos on YouTube demonstarting how to disassembele the PS3 housing. Then simply blow out the dust (which in my case was very significant after 2 years), and reassemble.
My PS3 has worked great ever since.
Posted on Jul 07, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: ps3 not loading games
The Blu Ray diode actually contains 3 diodes in it.
Looks like the blu ray one is out, the other 2 still function.
You may need to purchase a KES-400AAA replacement.
Posted on Aug 28, 2008
hold the power button down when it is red till you hear the quick beeps then select the file restore this is a diagnostics menu..remember you have to hold the power button down till you see a menu that youve probably never seen
Posted on Nov 03, 2009
The PS3 has a special Recovery Menu, which you can access in the following way:
1. Turn off Playstation 3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION 3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION 3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System
From the above select option "Rebuild Database". After PS3 has executed this DB rebuilding operation, the disc games will be visible again in the menu.
Posted on Jun 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Nov 16, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Nov 14, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Nov 11, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Nov 03, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Oct 19, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 22, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
196 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!