Question about Kenmore 24902 Top Load Washer
Most of spinners have weight capacity to spin. Please check the following:
1. Unplug the washing machine, and turn off the water supply to the machine. If necessary, remove the water hoses from the back of the washing machine because they may be in the way of the access panel.
2. Check that the agitator is seated correctly by opening the lid of the washing machine. If it's loose, pop off the top of the agitator--if there is one--and tighten the bolt that holds the agitator in place. Or, in some models, simply pull straight up and then reseat the agitator.
3. Remove the access panel located in the back of the washing machine by unscrewing the screws holding it in place. This allows access to the drive motor.
4. Press on the drive belt that works the agitator. If the belt moves more than 3/4 inch, tighten the belt to fix the spinner problem. If the belt is worn or cracked, replace the belt.
5. Replace the drive motor, if tightening or replacing the drive belt doesn't fix the agitator. Purchase a new drive motor at a wholesale retailer. Disconnect wiring, remove screws holding motor in place and insert new motor. Screw into place, and connect wiring.
6. Check for any black substance leaking under the washing machine. This might indicate a clutch problem, if the washing machine spinner is not working. Contact a professional repairman to replace the clutch.
For the washer problem, do you smell something like burning? If yes, you might have a loose belt. Some washing machine stops working once it senses a loose washer belt.
Another thing is you got some thing stuck in the pump or it could be the motor issue. When it starts to short/burn out it overheats and letting it cool down will get it to work again for a short amount of time. Eventually it will not work at all. Other than that, it could also be the timer.
Hope these helps and have a great day!
Posted on Jul 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 11, 2016 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Sep 07, 2010 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Mar 13, 2009 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Dec 29, 2008 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Jan 21, 2008 | Washing Machines
Jan 08, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Oct 17, 2007 | Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer
116 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: