Question about Corona 23-DK Compact Heater
Do not use a match to light your kerosene heater. For one, basic kitchen matches are too short and put you in a dangerous position during lighting. Yes, they make long matches, but that brings us to reason number 2. The head of a match has a tendency to fall off and could foul your system.
If you just can't get your electric start to work and you need to use a flame to ignite your heater, go to the grocery store and buy a package of bamboo skewers. They are cheap and you get dozens in a pack. Light one end of the skewer and use that to ignite your heater. After its lit, the end of the skewer can be cut off and reused. A single bag of skewers will last a really long time.
Posted on Dec 05, 2008
You can light the wick with match or one of those Bic BBQ lighters.
Posted on Nov 21, 2008
I have a different make and model, but many of these use a similar design. A battery pack (2 x D or C cell) is mounted on the kerosine tank. The batteries are used to heat a coil. The coil is pressed by an external button against the heater wick. Pressing the button also engages the switch, heating the coil until it glows red hot.
1. Open the burner chamber of the unit and confirm it has a wick installed (this is a used heater--who knows it's condition). Close the chamber.
2. Make sure the tip-over protection hasn't retracted the wick. Generally the tip-over protection is reset by a lever on the base of the burner.
3. Adjust the wick all the way up. A knob on the base of the burner does this.
4. Fully depress the electric starter until the coil touches the wick.
5. When the kerosine on the wick ignites, release the starter and adjust the wick to the desired level.
If the electric start coil does not glow, check the batteries. If the batteries are good, the starter coil may be bad. These are also
Posted on Nov 09, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 02, 2015 | Heaters
on Dec 25, 2009 | Heaters
Sep 06, 2011 | Heaters
Jan 31, 2011 | Reddy Heater-40,000 BTU Kerosene w/T'stat
Nov 25, 2010 | Goodman GMS90703BXA Heater
Feb 06, 2010 | Corona 23-DK Compact Heater
Oct 11, 2009 | Heaters
Feb 19, 2009 | Heaters
Feb 04, 2009 | Desa International GWP20T GLOWARM Wall...
209 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!