Question about Olympus Camedia C-50 Zoom Digital Camera
Can't find one that fits my camera
I contacted Olympus about this very issue. The maximum capacity of xD cards my camera would recognize was 256 MB. According to the Olympus rep. the camera does support up to 512 MB, but required a firmware upgrade and needed to be sent in for this. My wife's Canon camera had no such limitations and even has better quality.
Posted on Dec 05, 2007
I also have this camera and have bought a few cards it will NOT work with a card that is more than 128MB .
You can buy these readly on the internet on ebay
I have bought 1 and 2 GB cards they do not work. they will fit but wont take pics
Posted on Nov 16, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: xd picture card
Hi, You have to go to the menu/setup function. Check the different settings. One of them would lead you to the memory card settings, from there you should be able to format the new card. Good luck and kind regards.
Posted on Sep 22, 2007
Yes and in several methods as below listed. Since your posting refers to a generic problem for all digital cameras and not only an Olympus FE-230, some of the settings may have a different nomenclature or button name.
1. When you download pictures to you PC, rather than copy, select move; or
2. If you want to erase one picture at a time from the camera - press on the power button, then menu button, once menu is displayed, arrow down/up, you will be asked to erase the picture displayed, select yes/no by up/down, then press OK (menu button); or
3. If you want to erase all contents of the memory card of the camera - press on the power button, then menu button, once menu is displayed, arrow right, down to select card, right to select card setup, right to enter card setup, arrow down to select format or erase all, OK. Erase all just erases the files, format erases all and re-initialize the memory card; or
4. Remove memory card from camera and insert into a memory card reader attached to USB of your PC. The memory from the camera will be treated as a removable device and you can view, move, copy, delete/erase, format. This option seems to be most effective in viewing all contents under Windows Explorer with the view setting set to Thumbnail.
5. Connect the camera via the supplied cable to any USB port of your PC. The camera will be treated as a removable device and you can view, move, copy, delete/erase, format. This option seems to be most effective in viewing all contents under Windows Explorer with the view setting set to Thumbnail.
Specifically for an Olympus FE-230:
1. Press the < or > buttons to display the picture you want to erase;
2. Press the trash can button (bottom right);
3. Press the UP button to select [YES], press OK;
To erase all:
1. Press the MENU button to display the top menu in playback mode;
2. Select [ERASE], [ALL ERASE], and press OK;
3. Select [YES], and press OK
Hope this be of help/idea. Pls post back should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Posted on Nov 08, 2007
SOURCE: XD Card format
Have you sent the camera to olympus for the free upgrade to enable the xd 512gb and 1gb card? go to the olympic site and then to their support page for c-50zoom and look for instructions for the upgrade,you must have the product ID from the package and the sales receipt and make sure you have purchased the olympus sponsored card mfg.This is listed in the instructions. They get the job done pretty quick and pay for the return shipping.
Posted on Apr 19, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 18, 2014 | Olympus E-420 Digital Camera
Oct 30, 2013 | Fuji FinePix S6500 Digital Camera
Sep 16, 2011 | Fuji FinePix A345 Digital Camera
Jun 30, 2011 | Olympus Camedia C-920 Zoom Digital Camera
Jan 03, 2010 | Fuji FinePix F460 Digital Camera
Jun 09, 2009 | AOpen Olympus 64Mb xD-Picture Card (AX4C...
Aug 25, 2008 | Fuji FinePix A330 Digital Camera
110 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!