Question about Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
I forgot my password for dvd parental
controls how do I fix it
I had to mess with mine a little bit, but here is what I came up with.
1. Insert a DVD that you know will play without the need for parental control.
2. Play the movie like you were actually going to watch it.
3. Bring the movie to a "full stop" by either hitting O two (2) times or by bringing up the menu with SELECT and hit the stop button on the screen two (2) times. The following is an explanation: There are two versions of stop on the PS2. The first stop is more like pause only the screen will not have a picture. It will allow you to "stop" the movie and the resume when you are ready. The "full stop" that I mentioned means that you hit STOP a second time. If you hit play from here it will restart the movie entirely.
4. With the menu still up, look for the button directly above the PAUSE button that says SETUP and hit it.
5. If you go to the right two (2) times you will find the CUSTOM SETUP button. Hit it.
6. In this menu you will see the PARENTAL CONTROLS. This will light up in blue as long as the movie is in "FULL STOP." You will then move to the right and it will ask for your password.
7. Press SELECT and instead of saying enter password it will say delete password. Above this blue box will be numbers 0-9. Enter 7-4-4-4. The box should say password deleted and ask you to register a new password.
8. At this point you can enter anything you like, but I would advise using 0-0-0-0 that way if it asks again you can just press X four times and be done. However we are going to keep going and turn it off.
9. With a new password registered, move to where it says LEVEL and change this to off.
From this point forward you should be all set. For future reference, you can also go to http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/Manuals and using your SCPH number which will be found on the box or on the bottom of the Playstation itself you can find the manual to your machine and download it as a PDF for future use. I have also checked different manuals for different units for both the standard and slim versions and the code 7-4-4-4 seems to be universal. I realize that these instructions are also kind of lengthy but I wanted to make sure you had a step-by-step guide to fix your problem. I also didn't want you seem like an arrogant **** and just give you the website and tell you to check the manual. I hope this helps solve your problem.
Posted on Jul 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: dvd parental controls
With a DVD disc inserted in your PS2, press the Select button to bring up the on-screen Control Panel. Press the X button to select the Setup icon. Use the directional pad to reach the "Custom Setup" menu, and press the X button. Move to "Parental Control" and select with the X button. A window will appear asking you to enter a four-digit password. Enter your choice of password using the number buttons that appear then enter it again for confirmation. You're now able to set the Parental Control level using the "Region" and "Level" options, and change your password
Posted on Aug 19, 2007
they can either use the password reset answer or contact xbox live via the phone.http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/contactus.aspx
Posted on May 24, 2010
In your console enter to the parental control menu and try to change it, when asking for password then:
1. Click "I forgot" twice.
2. Go to http://wii.marcansoft.com/parental.psp
3. Copy the inquiry code where it says "Confirmation Number:".
4. Select your "Current Date in your timezone:"
5. Push the "Get Reset Code" button and get your master code.
6. Try to change again the parental control and use the code provided, the code should work as I tested it many times.
NOTE1: the code generated in this page work as well for Wii and DSi consoles.
NOTE2: If it doesn't work the first time, try going to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ . Change the time/date on your DSI to match that of Tokyo, London, some other location etc and then try again.
Posted on Sep 23, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 18, 2015 | Televison & Video
Jul 07, 2013 | Televison & Video
Mar 05, 2011 | GoVideo DV2150 DVD Player/VCR
May 23, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Mar 13, 2010 | RCA F27442 27" TV
Nov 07, 2009 | iLO DVDR05 DVD Recorder
Mar 26, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
Jan 30, 2008 | RCA TruFlat 27F520T 27" TV
Aug 19, 2007 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
143 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!