To have Adobe® PageMaker® automatically number your pages, if the
template isn't used, place a page number marker on the Master page of
Auto page Number
- Go to the Master Pages by clicking on the page icons with the L and R on them at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Using the Text tool, draw a text block in the general area for the page numbers.
- On the Mac, press Command+Option+P or in Windows, Ctrl+Alt+P.
- Depending on the page you are on, the page marker will show up in the text block, LM on the left page, RM on the right page.
- This text can be formatted like any other text on your pages.
- Select the Pointer tool and move the copy block into the correct position.
- Click on a page icon to go to a page in your file and the actual page number will appear.
- If the page icons do not have the correct page numbers on them, go to the File menu, select Document Setup and change the Starting page # field to the correct starting page number.
Adding Page Numbers in PageMaker 7
Page numbers add shine and organization to any publication. In Adobe
PageMaker 7, page numbers are quite simple to include, but function is
difficult to find first time. After activated, page numbers show
throughout selected project.
Start project in PageMaker 7. Step 2
Choose text function from toolbox. It appears as T.
Click L/R function. It is placed under ruler. Step 4
Click master page where page numbers placed and push "Ctrl+Alt+P." Page number must show.