Question about Oreck XL Ultra Bagged Upright Vacuum
Uh, probably not sure what the issue is, but
1. unplug unit.
2. Remove the multiple screws from the bottom of the unit.
3. remove the bottom baseplate (usually black)
4. the brush roll is now visible, and the belt should be around it.
5. Pull the brush roll away from the unit, and disengage the belt.
6. Replace in the opposite order. Make sure that baseplate fits properly to insure a good seal. Also watch the bumper (rubber part that is wrapped around the unit) to make sure it is properly seated.
7. Handroll the roller brush before plugging in. Make sure it moves freely.
8. Run unit, may get a slight burning smell, but if this continues for more than a minute - turn off and inspect the unit. Brush roll requires a short burn in time, on initial build, factory accomplishes this during test procedures.
Posted on Jul 30, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 30, 2016 | Oreck Vacuums
Jan 29, 2016 | Oreck XL Power Team Upright Vacuum -...
Mar 07, 2015 | Oreck XL Insight Upright Vacuum
Sep 01, 2014 | Oreck XL Ultra Bagged Upright Vacuum
Jun 30, 2014 | Oreck XL Ultra Bagged Upright Vacuum
May 03, 2014 | Oreck XL Ultra Bagged Upright Vacuum
Aug 25, 2013 | Oreck XL Ultra Bagged Upright Vacuum
606 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: