Question about Kenmore 19001
I notice on the Kenmore box, that my machine is compatable with Windows XP. However, I just got Vista installed. Is there a download or patch I can install to fix this? Also, is there a bigger hoop that I can purchase? Mine is 5 1/2 X 3.5" and that seriously hampers some designs. I have a feeling that the sewing machine will sew designs just a little bigger than that (not much though) OK. If it is not a Sears product, perhaps you know of a generic hoop which would fit this model.
Also, I was told that I could import clipart and sew it. It seems very convoluted and takes hours to create a design. Is there a simple way to do this?
Also, I have downloaded free designs for .sew from web sites such as Annthegran, and they do not convert correctly. In the past, this has worked fine when I use their conversion info (or program) on their web site. What has happened? I started to have this problem when I still had XP on my computer.
Instructions for getting 19010 Customizer Ver. 1.0 (93300) to work on a Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC.
1. Insert the 19010 Customizer software installation disc into your CD drive on your PC.
2. In Windows Explorer, go to This PC (or My Computer).
3. Right-click on the DVD drive with the disc, and select Open to view the files on the disc.
4. Right-click SETUP.EXE and select Properties.
5. In the Properties window, select the Compatibility tab.
6. In the Compatibility mode area, check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:".
7. Select Windows XP (Service Pack 2) in the drop-down menu.
8. Click OK.
9. Double-click SETUP.EXE to install the software, following the prompts.
10. Shortcuts for two programs will be installed on your desktop: Customizer 19010 EasyImport and Customizer 19010 EasyEdit
11. For each of these shortcuts, right-click the shortcut, select Properties, and repeat steps 5 through 8.
You should now be able to run each of the programs by double-clicking on the shortcuts.
Posted on Apr 03, 2015
You will have to purchase the EasyImport software that comes with the ata card. it is about $150. Right now I am having trouble with the program recognizing and registering imported images. In Vista the program shuts down after registering an image. I am searching for the software to see if there is an update to use with Vista. I really liked it with XP, but right now I am not too pleased.
The format is a JEF format. Tell the machine (vista) to only open the JEF with this program if you have it. I have had less problems with HOpe this helps.
Posted on Apr 29, 2008
Don't buy computers with Windoze Vista on them, go to your local shop and get them to build you one with XP on it. XP will be around for a long time at least to 2014. Vista is junk, always will be.
Posted on Feb 24, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 30, 2017 | Kenmore Sewing Machines
Feb 10, 2014 | Kenmore 19001
Nov 20, 2010 | Kenmore 19001
May 28, 2010 | Kenmore 19001
May 08, 2010 | Kenmore 19001
Jul 11, 2009 | Kenmore 19001
Apr 17, 2009 | Janome Memory Craft 9000 Computerized...
Jan 21, 2008 | Singer CE-200 Quantum Futura Computerized...
Jul 17, 2012 | Kenmore 19001
1,212 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: