Question about HP LaserJet 5550 Printer
I need to print A7 Envelopes on an HP 5550DN. I set Word 2007 to print to the A7 envelope, but the HP printer treats it as a 8.5 x 11 document. Solutions?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Envelopes and labeles
Go the "print" dialog and select "settings". Ensure that the paper size, margins and orientation are not set for 8.5x11. You did not mention the software you are using to print the envelopes/labels so this is the only guess I can give. I have seen software that made me have to override the settings before.
Posted on Oct 15, 2007
This is a paper size problem with the software, go to page setup and under "Paper Size" choose "User Defined" or "Custom" and fill in all of the dimensional information about the envelope and save with a name you will recognize. Now, when you print make sure you have selected the envelope from the paper list and you should be good to go. If you need further assistance, click "Ask Me" and I will answer your request as soon as I can.
Posted on Oct 07, 2008
Open the door on the back above the power cord. Rotate both blue levers all the way up so they change from "1" to "2". Wrinkle problem will be solved. This was in the troubleshooting section of the online user manual, page 95. You would think they would tell you about this in the envelope section of the manual.
Posted on Jul 21, 2009
The problem that you are experiencing is caused by the way the text is formatted in most word processing documents. By default envelopes are printed not in black, but a dark gray. This confuses the printer and causes it to use the color cartridge to process gray instead of using the black cartridge.
You can fix this problem with one of two ways:
1. Click on "Start", "Control Panel" and click on "Printers and Faxes." Right click on the "Lexmark Printer" icon and select "Properties." Click on "Printing Preferences." Go to "Quality/Copies" tab and select the option "Print color images in black and white."
2. You can also change the color of you text to a true black in your word processor. This will require you to resort to the word processor's documentation and help files.
Both of these settings will cause your printer to use the black cartridge instead of the color. If either one of these solutions solves your problem, it means your color cartridge needs to be cleaned or replaced. If you feel that the color cartridge should not be out of ink, please follow the steps given below:
Clean Nozzle Procedure:
1. Go to the "Solution Center" and click on the "Maintenance" tab.
2. Select "Clean to fix horizontal strips."
The colors that you should see here are black, yellow, magenta (a reddish purple) and cyan (a dark sky blue). You should notice the diagonal lines above and below the solid horizontal lines. These diagonal lines should be solid from left to right with no gaps.
If there are gaps in the lines or the print diminishes across the page, you should run the "Clean Print Nozzles" page a couple more times to try and clear it up. If you still have gaps at the top and bottom, you should "wick" the cartridges by following the steps given below:
1. Select "Install color/black cartridge" and remove the cartridge from the printer.
2. Get a damp paper towel.
3. Set the ink cartridge right side up on the damp paper towel so that the ink nozzles are against the towel and hold the cartridge in this position for about 15 seconds.
4. Now wipe the print head (on the bottom where the ink comes out) across in one direction only (left to right) until it looks clean.
5. Next dab the cartridge on the towel to make sure that the ink is flowing.
6. Snap the cartridge back into the printer.
7. On your computer, select "Old Cartridge installed."
8. Repeat the "Clean to fix horizontal strips" procedure listed above.
If this procedure does not help, please let us know so that we can continue with technical support.
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
Testimonial: "Thank you. I was on the phone with Lexmark a whole hour last night and they couldn't fix it. This corrected the problem immediately! You are a Wiz"
Even though the icon on the printer shows the envelopes entering the printer narrow side first, you have to set the printer up for, and feed the envelopes through, wide side first.
Posted on Dec 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 17, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 11, 2008 | HP LaserJet 5p Printer
Apr 11, 2011 | HP Photosmart Premium C309A All-In-One...
Feb 28, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 04, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 19, 2009 | HP Photosmart Premium C309A All-In-One...
Aug 08, 2008 | HP LaserJet 4200 Printer
May 27, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 29, 2008 | HP 4250 Monochrome LaserJet Printer
537 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!