Question about NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
Just purchased, trying to set up. Having problems with connecting to internet
Hi, follow the steps below to configure the router:
1. Connect a ethernet cable from the Modem to the WAN port of the router(isolated port).
2. Connect the computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports. Please make sure that THERE IS NO DIRECT CONNECTION BETWEEN THE MODEM AND THE COMPUTERS (either using Ethernet cable or USB cable).
3. Open the browser(Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox).
4. Access the router settings with the address: www.routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm
5. Whenever prompted for username and password please enter User Name as 'admin' and Password as 'password'.
6. Click 'setup wizard'(at the top of list) from left menu.
7. Select yes and Click next.
8. In case you get the message: 'You already have a valid internet connection do you still want to continue', click 'YES'.
9. It should give you either a "Dynamic IP Detected" or "PPPoE detected".
10. If you get "Dynamic IP Detected" click on 'Next'. On the next page select 'Use Computer MAC Address' under Router MAC Address' and click 'Apply'.
11. If you get "PPPoE detected" click on 'Next'. Enter the login name and password provided by the ISP. Click Apply.
12. From the left menu go to 'Router Status' and check if you get the internet port ip address.
13. Click on 'Logout' (at the bottom of the list) from left menu.
14. Open up another browser window and try to access internet.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Jul 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 02, 2011 | Samsung S3650 Corby / S3650 Genio Touch...
Nov 24, 2010 | ASUS (SL1000) Router
Mar 11, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition
Dec 05, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Jun 01, 2008 | Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security...
Feb 06, 2008 | Nintendo Wii Console
153 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!