Question about GE Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

Replacing existing gas range

Do I need to purchase the ''gas range installation kit'' offered by the seller when I buy a new gas range? I have an existing gas range, different manufacturer. I am purchasing a GE Profile range model #PGB910SEMSS.
thank you.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 1,543 Answers

A " gas range installation kit " should not be required if you are replacing an existing unit. Some retailers "require" you to purchase things like this, or a new range cord for a new electric range, etc., but it is just their way of getting you to buy more. When purchasing a washer, some retailers will not even disconnect or reconnect you water supply lines. I'd sugest trying a smaller, independent retailer who actually has their own service staff in case you ever have any problems. The big boxes don't do service. (they tell you to call some 800 number) In the US, try for a GE dealer. Tell them who you had planned on buying from, and the price they quoted. The independents usually can get your product faster and at about the same price. (make sure the independent you go with does their own service)

Posted on Jun 30, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Where can I buy kitchen sink Accessories from?

I was looking to buy a kit of kitchen accessories, as I was shifting to my new home. The Sinkology Kitchen Accessory Kit was what helped me in my kitchen. it was just the perfect sink for my kitchen and also suited the other accessories in the kitchen as well. They cost me around $40 and also I got discounts using the Lowes Coupon as well. I think using these coupons we can grab a lot of exciting offers from the Lowe's store, and most of them don't know this, and simply waste money on the products. I would always recommend you to try using these coupons while purchasing!.


Jan 05, 2018 | Home

1 Answer

How to upgrade range rover sport gps 2008

To upgrade, if you have the CD/DVD/MP3 disk system, you need to purchase the new map disk from the appropriate map seller. I believe that is Navteq for all Land Rovers. It is specific to your VIN so when you install it it works with your VIN only. Sellers of these disks on eBay and other venues will tyell you they will work and most of the time they will not. The disk not only upgrades your maps but also the radio and the GraceNote music system as well.

Here's a link to a page that offers free shipping for updates. Looks like the latest update is for 2011-2012 so you might want to call Navteq and check. I have a 2013 and they won't release the 2014 maps even though the car is new.

Aug 13, 2014 | 2004 Land Rover Range Rover

1 Answer

How to replace Frigidaire Range model FPDS3085KF Grate Rubber Feet

Hello Friend, I am happy to assist you!

I understand you are looking for instructions on how to replace the rubber grate feet on your Frigidaire range, FPDS3085KF (part number 5304475129). You can do this by removing existing rubber feet. Then clean and remove any residual adhesive. Typically adhesive is provided with new rubber feet kit. Apply adhesive to bottom of rubber feet and install rubber feet on bottom of grate. Most parts can be purchased directly from the manufacturer or through a parts distributor in your area (part numbers may vary based on distributor). I hope this proves to be helpful to you! - Z

Jun 04, 2014 | Frigidaire FPDS3085KF Stainless Steel Dual...

1 Answer

I have a kenmore 790.61751100 stove top works, but not the oven. no display at all. should I just replace the EOC?

The EOC controls ALL the features of the oven. If the display is not working as well, more than likely you have diagnosed the problem you need to fix.

If you wish to pursue this repair yourself, the following link explains how to access and install a new EOC:

Replacement parts can be purchased at any of the following websites:

All these sites are reputable and offer great service. Prices vary between sites, so shop and compare. For the model number you have listed, the part number you need is 316222803. Sears offers a refurbished board (part #316222803R) for about $80. Prices are much more expensive for a new one (about $200).

NOTE: The overlay does NOT come with the new EOC. If your existing overlay is still in good shape, simply peel it off the old board and place it on the new one. They are reusable. If you require a new one, it comes in two colors:

White - part #316220700
Black - part #316220701

Make sure you order the correct color if replacing.

If you have any questions about this repair, please post back and let me know. I hope this helps you.

Jan 12, 2010 | Kenmore 79012 / 79014 / 79019 Gas Kitchen...

1 Answer

Changing from natural gas to lp.

By getting a gas license! LOL

Remember to tip your waitress! I'll be here all week - Goodnight! it out of my we go:

1. Find out if a conversion kit exists. Answer: Yes it fact it came with it originally. If it had me doing the install, I would have taped the kit to the back of the range.

....and I quote, "IMPORTANT: Your cooktop is factory-set for use with natural gas. If you wish to use L.P. Gas, an L.P. Gas Conversion Kit is included with your new range. Models with the TripleTier Flame Burner will include a TripleTier L.P. Gas Conversion Kit and a kit for standard ranges. See “Installation Instructions” for details on making this conversion.
2. Obtain the kit. This is more difficult than actually doing the conversion. Unless you have a dealer nearby, I'd simply call Kitchenaid directly: (1.800.461.5681) They will either send it to you directly (quite possibly for FREE) or point you in the right direction.
3. The kit will come with instructions, but briefly, here's what you're getting into: The kit will consist of 1-3 orifices. These will reduce the amount of flow going to the burner(s).
Why? Two reasons: a) Propane burns hotter and b) Propane moves quicker than N.G.
You might need: Allan Keys, Screwdrivers, Channel Locks, Adjustable Wrench.
You'll just disassemble the manifold, install the orifice(s), and GO!

Good Luck.

Sep 08, 2009 | KitchenAid KGSA906PSS Gas Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Maintop Filler Kit for GE slide-in range JSP42SNSS

Maintop Filler Kit for GE slide-in range JSP42SNSS was missing. I am not sure why your response to a simple question (in a form of a question/offer to sign up for Premium Assistance Plan) referred to a different model number for a gas kitchen range (mine is electric!).
I fixed it myself. I bought a piece of 2"x2" sheet metal angle, painted it black and attached it to the wall behind the range to close the gap.
No need to bother your "Elite Experts" and pay $19.99.

Aug 28, 2009 | GE Profile JGS968SHSS Gas Kitchen Range

2 Answers

I purchased a new natural gas range a couple years ago for our cabin. I need this range to use propane.can this oven be changed to use propane instead of natural gas?

should be able to change orifices to propane. some ranges offer these on the back of the stove or you can buy them at a local parts dealer. take your model # with u when you research a part

Jun 22, 2009 | GE Profile Spectra JGBP90 Gas Kitchen...

1 Answer

Eno 2 burner stove circa 1974, need burners "COGEM A A 1213"

The part numbers you offer look to me like Gemline numbers. In days gone by, Gemline provided service parts for practically any appliance. I was able to find their website, but it looks as though all they offer now is laundry-specific items.

Do you own a drill and a set of taps?

Apr 26, 2009 | Tappan TGF657 Gas Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Tappan Range Model TGF351ESJ Nat. Gas to Propane

Yes you can convert the range

2. Provide an adequate gas supply.
This unit is pre-set to operate on 4" natural gas manifold
pressure. Aconvertible pressure regulator is connected to the
manifold and MUST be connected inseries with the gas supply
line. If the LP/Propane conversion kit has been used, follow
instructions provided with the kit for converting the pressure
regulator to LP/Propane use. The LP kit can be found on the
back side of the range (some models).

I yours does not have the kit on back go to sears to get one.

Good Luck

Please rate FixYa!

Dec 19, 2008 | Jenn-Air JGR8855BDS Gas Kitchen Range

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kitchen Ranges Logo

Related Topics:

126 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kitchen Ranges Experts

Ismael Rodriguez...

Level 2 Expert

171 Answers

Craig Butler
Craig Butler

Level 3 Expert

1723 Answers

Sal De

Level 3 Expert

2699 Answers

Are you a Kitchen Range Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides