Question about Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Very easy fix, My 11 year old fixed it last time.
There are coins or objects clogging the pump. It cost me $170 to get this fixed, it will cost you nothing and take less than 20 minutes.
You will need a STAR screwdriver or bit for cordless screwgun. If you need to purchase one, take a picture with you cell phone and show it to guy at hardware store. They cost about a $1 more than a regular screwdriver)
1. Take out star screws and remove bottom kick panel.
2. There is a round cylinder facing you with a scew on cap. (This is the pump.)
3. There is a wire essembly in front of pump, it snaps in. Just pull up on it and it will unsnap. (May have to use a little force, but it is made to pop out).
4. Remove the two screws for the pump.
5. Slide pump out (it is mounted on rubber gromlets and will just slide out).
6. Place mop bucket or pan under the pump.
7. Unscrew pump side cap and let water flow out. (Make sure pan is big enought to hold all water or get two).
8. After water has drained shake pump around, it is common to find change in pump. ( If you have baffels missing in the washer drum even small socks or underwear can get lodged into pump.)
9. Put pump back in and try running washer there may be more stuff in pipe hose and this will flush the rest out. (Some units have a little toggle switch that will not let unit run unless kick panel is installed, so you may have to reinstall it to try and see if it worked)
10. If it drains put cover back on, if not check the pump again to pull any new objects out.
Posted on Jul 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 15, 2013 | Washing Machines
Oct 14, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jun 21, 2011 | Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer
Jun 14, 2011 | Whirlpool LSR7333 Top Load Washer
Mar 15, 2011 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
May 20, 2010 | Washing Machines
Mar 05, 2010 | Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. HE3 Front Load Washer
Jul 27, 2008 | Frigidaire GLTF2940E Gallery 3.5 Cu. Ft....
May 21, 2008 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Nov 19, 2015 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
165 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: