- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Did you dry
the phone completely? If not here is the procedure to take out all moisture
trapped in the phone: Dry the phone, battery, any accessory, etc. with
cloth and wrap each piece, phone and accessories, in newspaper. Place
a few handfuls of rice into a plastic bag and then place the wrapped phone in
the bag with rice. The newspaper wrapping avoids direct contact of rice
with your phone because the dust from the rice can get into the small areas of the
phone. The newspaper and rice will absorb moisture. Leave it there (with the
bag open) at least 24 hrs.
I also dropped my Samsung Impression in the toilet, I immediately took the phone took the protective case off, took the battery cover off, and took the battery and my SIM card out and towel dried it as best as I could. Then I sat it on the floor next to my fan and let it dry until I got to my grandparents a little while later and I put it in a bowl of rice, completely covered the phone and battery with rice and left it sit overnight in the rice and all of the next day, so far i've had it on about 20 minutes and have had no problems with it so far, another solution is to sit it in the sun, to further dry it out. Water damage will void warranties on your phone and battery and your provider will know instantly if the damage was water related when they take your battery cover off, there is a small square sticker that when dry and hasn't touched water should be white, but as soon as it comes into contact with water it turns red, there is also one of these stickers on the battery. My stickers were red and after sitting in the rice they look like they got lighter in color considerably, I don't know if that is really possible but appearance wise it looks that way. I hope this helps anyone who has had this problem. Good Luck!
If very well could be the charging port. Have you tried a different charger?
If it is the charger port, You have 3 options.
1. get it repaired, warrant if possible 2. Get a new one 3.Get an external battery charger and charge battery separate from phone.Another battery and charger will set you back about 10 dollars on ebay.
there is nothing you can do but to bring it to a service center.. water and electronics don't mix,, maybe the battery is working fine but i doubt if the phone will.. if i were you id bring it to a able technician to check your mobile..
One possible solution if this has recently occured is to allow the phone to dry out for a few days.......then attempt to power it up...if it still is not functional at that time you may look into your warranty options.....otherwise you may be buying a new phone.