Question about Compaq Presario 900 /1500 Series EVO n1015v 15. inch LCD Display -285520-001 (285520001) CD-ROM Drive
The green light telling that there is power to the notebook is lite. When pressing the power up button to turn on the notebook - nothing happens???
1. unplugging the power cable
2. removing the battery
3. plug in power cable
4. switch on and start up
If this works, shut down, unplug and replace the battery.
Hopefully your problem is resolved.
John (Computer Tuition, Blackpool)
Posted on Jan 03, 2008
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
This works on some Presario's with a power up problem.
1. Make sure the battery is not totally dead!. Let the AC adapter charge for 4 hours or more.
2. Disconnect the AC adapter and see if the laptop will start on the battery. If not repeat step 2 using the AC adapter.
3. Remove the battery then plug in the AC adapter and try to start the Laptop. If it fails the it may start with steps 4 and 5 below.
4. Unplug the Laptop from the AC adapter and take the battery out.
5. Plug in the AC adapter for 1 minute then unplug it and insert the battery and press the startup button within 15 seconds. If it starts up you should be able to finish the start up and then you can plug in the AC adapter to run the laptop and to finish the charging.
6. This will work but it is not an easy way to start the computer each time.
7. This a a problem with HP and Compag laptops.
connected then remove the AC from the computer and see if it will start on the battery.
3. If it will not start on the AC and it will not start on the battery then remove the battery and plug in the AC and see if it will start.
4. Now remove the
Posted on Jan 20, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 20, 2009 | HP Pavilion zd7000 zx5000 zv5000 presario...
Nov 07, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1150 Latitude D600 14.1 LCD...
Jan 13, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1150 Latitude D600 14.1 LCD...
Aug 12, 2008 | HP Pavilion ZV5000, ZV6000, ZX5000 Series...
Jul 25, 2008 | HP Pavilion ZV5000, ZV6000, ZX5000 Series...
Feb 03, 2008 | HP Pavilion ZE4300 series: 1170B01-90...
Sep 29, 2007 | Dell Latitude Cp, Cpi, Cpx, C600, C800,...
247 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: