Question about Compaq Presario 900 /1500 Series EVO n1015v 15. inch LCD Display -285520-001 (285520001) CD-ROM Drive
The green light telling that there is power to the notebook is lite. When pressing the power up button to turn on the notebook - nothing happens???
1. unplugging the power cable
2. removing the battery
3. plug in power cable
4. switch on and start up
If this works, shut down, unplug and replace the battery.
Hopefully your problem is resolved.
John (Computer Tuition, Blackpool)
Posted on Jan 03, 2008
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
This works on some Presario's with a power up problem.
1. Make sure the battery is not totally dead!. Let the AC adapter charge for 4 hours or more.
2. Disconnect the AC adapter and see if the laptop will start on the battery. If not repeat step 2 using the AC adapter.
3. Remove the battery then plug in the AC adapter and try to start the Laptop. If it fails the it may start with steps 4 and 5 below.
4. Unplug the Laptop from the AC adapter and take the battery out.
5. Plug in the AC adapter for 1 minute then unplug it and insert the battery and press the startup button within 15 seconds. If it starts up you should be able to finish the start up and then you can plug in the AC adapter to run the laptop and to finish the charging.
6. This will work but it is not an easy way to start the computer each time.
7. This a a problem with HP and Compag laptops.
connected then remove the AC from the computer and see if it will start on the battery.
3. If it will not start on the AC and it will not start on the battery then remove the battery and plug in the AC and see if it will start.
4. Now remove the
Posted on Jan 20, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 21, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 15, 2009 | Dell Computers & Internet
Oct 12, 2009 | Nintendo DS Lite Console
Sep 06, 2009 | Nintendo DS Lite Console
Jun 18, 2009 | Canon S400 InkJet Printer
Apr 11, 2009 | Gateway MT3705 Notebook
Feb 13, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 27, 2008 | Canon S400 InkJet Printer
Aug 21, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
250 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: