- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello Have you tried another USB port on the computer ,also try uninstalling and reinstalling Nero apart from that it could be a fault with the laser lense on the drive itself and will have to be repaired or in this case time to buy another one.
NO PC stated dang. laptop or desk? internal DVD drive or external HP solds all 3. NO OS stated. windows? Windows what>????? no real DVD partnumber stated only the usless front bezel number 740. if yours is marked 2001,, its going to be a big problem. 9 years past HP support. and all old drive are weak now or scratched optics. and drives that old were even full of bugs then (we an link you to 10,000 pages showing that)
why not upgrade it.? get a new drive and new fresher OS. windows 10 and a nice new blu-ray burner. and move on. or if this rig (PC) is 2001 why not go to GOODWILL and buy a 2010 PC< for like $25 and i bet it works 10x better.
Unfortunately, Samsung does not currently have a firmware update available for that model, but you can check the Samsung Download Center periodically to see if they eventually have one (I'm a little skeptical, b/c this is an analog player).
There are several possibilities:
1) You said it was a "BBC" movie - if the movie was designed for play in the UK, and you live in the US, then the disc might not be a Region 1 disc. If this is the case, you will not be able to play that particular disc in the player. To be sure, check the back of the DVD - it should have a globe that either says "ALL" or is numbered 1 through 6. Region 1 is United States.
2) Is this the only disc that is having the problem? If so, what type of disc is it? If it is a burned disc, try finalizing the disc. If the disc type is variable, then it won't work in that player.
3) Are there any scratches on the disc? If so, there is a product that is alternately called Disc Skip Fixer or Disk Scratch Fixer. They are easy to find in a video game shop, although many stores will have them. Very nifty.
You need to let me know what type of PowerBook G4 it is as the
instructions for each are different. However, what I will do is give
you the links to the appropriate sites and some instructions for them:
First you need to reset the Power Management Unit (PMU). To do this refer to THIS page. A little way down is a heading 'PowerBook and iBook models covered in this document'. Select the model listed in blue below this which will take you lower down the page to the instructions for your model.
After restarting try your drive again. If it doesn't work, try a dvd drive cleaning disc.
If it still doesn't work your drive is Kaput! If you're near Kent in the UK then I can help you out. If not find a local Apple Specialist who can replace the drive for you.
This is a problem with either the logic or the power supply. Without seeing the machine and taking measurements inside, I can't state for sure the exact problem. These are decent machines. I would suggest that you bring it to an authorized Panasonic service center for a repair estimate. Post the results here and we'll suggest the next steps.
I bought a Dora DVD player for my daughter in March 2007. On November 2007 I inserted a disc into the player. It spun and stated there was no disc on the tv in the upper left hand corner. I tried 2 other DVDs and the same thing happened. I unplugged everything temporarily and plugged it back in and no improvements???
If you are using a copied disc try a real one. But this model of DVD Player is made so cheap. it sound like the laser assembly is bad or the motor that spins the disc is stuck or going out. If you are good at electroninics you could take the lid off load a disc and see if it spins if not give it a spin clockwise and see if it takes off. You probably should replace unit for price of a new one.