Question about Digital Cameras
Yes and in several methods as below listed. Since your posting refers to a generic problem for all digital cameras and not only an Olympus FE-230, some of the settings may have a different nomenclature or button name.
1. When you download pictures to you PC, rather than copy, select move; or
2. If you want to erase one picture at a time from the camera - press on the power button, then menu button, once menu is displayed, arrow down/up, you will be asked to erase the picture displayed, select yes/no by up/down, then press OK (menu button); or
3. If you want to erase all contents of the memory card of the camera - press on the power button, then menu button, once menu is displayed, arrow right, down to select card, right to select card setup, right to enter card setup, arrow down to select format or erase all, OK. Erase all just erases the files, format erases all and re-initialize the memory card; or
4. Remove memory card from camera and insert into a memory card reader attached to USB of your PC. The memory from the camera will be treated as a removable device and you can view, move, copy, delete/erase, format. This option seems to be most effective in viewing all contents under Windows Explorer with the view setting set to Thumbnail.
5. Connect the camera via the supplied cable to any USB port of your PC. The camera will be treated as a removable device and you can view, move, copy, delete/erase, format. This option seems to be most effective in viewing all contents under Windows Explorer with the view setting set to Thumbnail.
Specifically for an Olympus FE-230:
1. Press the < or > buttons to display the picture you want to erase;
2. Press the trash can button (bottom right);
3. Press the UP button to select [YES], press OK;
To erase all:
1. Press the MENU button to display the top menu in playback mode;
2. Select [ERASE], [ALL ERASE], and press OK;
3. Select [YES], and press OK
Hope this be of help/idea. Pls post back should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Posted on Nov 08, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
May 05, 2011 | Olympus FE-230 Digital Camera
Feb 18, 2011 | Olympus FE-230 Digital Camera
Sep 07, 2010 | Olympus FE-190 Digital Camera
Jul 19, 2007 | Olympus FE-230 Digital Camera
734 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!