Question about Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Calculator
I need to know how to graph the following equation in a ti 84 plus calculator:
I also need to know how to see where those lines intersect. thank you
The calculator only displays from -10 to 10 on the x and y axes, and both of your lines are outside of that range. However, it is easy to change that.
1. Hit the gray "WINDOW" button that is directly under the screen
2. Change "Xmax" to 150
3. Change "Ymax" to 200
Remember to change both of those values back to 10 when you are done with this problem!
Here's how to graph it:
1. Hit the "Y=" button
2. Enter your first equation after Y1, and your second equation after Y2
3. Look over both the equations to make sure you typed them correctly
4. Hit the "GRAPH" button
5. If you don't see the intersection you will need to adjust Xmax and Ymax again
6. Hit Hit "2ND" and the "TRACE" to bring up the "CALC" menu
7. Scroll down to "intersect" and hit enter
8. Hit enter 3 times (You use the first and second curve options when you have more than 2 lines)
9. It should display the coordinates at the bottom
10. I got (76, 142.1) for the intersection
Thanks for asking this question! I used to do this a much harder way, but while I was calculating the answer to your question I hit a wrong button and accidentally found this method!
Posted on Jun 30, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 28, 2013 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Calculator
Feb 25, 2012 | Texas Instruments TI-89 Calculator
Jun 15, 2011 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Calculator
Mar 24, 2010 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Calculator
Nov 10, 2009 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Calculator
Oct 19, 2009 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Silver...
Nov 22, 2008 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Silver...
Jan 15, 2008 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Silver...
233 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 3 Expert
Level 2 Expert
Level 3 Expert