Question about Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
The green power button lights up, but the desktop doesn't power on it just continues to make a ticking noise
So the computer will not post! Try these steps.
So basically you cannot get the pc to POST. Meaning you have just a black screen when you power on the pc, right?
First off, did you attempt to update BIOS before this happened. 90% of the time this is caused by a corrupt bios.
If you did not try to update BIOS before the problem started then try these troubleshooting steps.
1. Full power down. Unplug the power cord from the Power supply. Then hold down the pc power button.
Try to boot the pc.
2. Open the case and reseat the graphics card, hard drive, and RAM.
3. Take out one of the RAM sticks if there is 2 or more. Swap the RAM sticks in different RAM slots.
4. Set the Cmos jumper to clear. Power up the pc. Power down the PC. Set the Cmos jumper back to normal position, power up the PC.
5. Unplug and replug all the power supply cables.
6. Check the powersupply function. Either by a powersupply voltage checker, put the powersupply in a different pc, or try a different powersupply in the problem computer.
That covers almost everything,,
If still nothing then possibly bad Motherboard or CPU.
Posted on Jul 06, 2009
If it is beep sound the problem may be with the Ram. Remove the ram and refix it. If the problem not solved replace the ram
Posted on Jun 30, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 19, 2014 | Dell Inspiron 530s Desktop Computer...
Aug 05, 2013 | Dell XPS 200 PC Desktop
Nov 05, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Aug 21, 2011 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
Feb 05, 2011 | Dell Dimension 4300 PC Desktop
Dec 26, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 02, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 530s Desktop Computer...
Apr 12, 2008 | Dell Dimension 5100 (D51L1) PC Desktop
Apr 18, 2014 | Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
750 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!