Question about Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Try the following:
1) Turn off breaker to unit, for safety.
2) removed the front panel, as described above.
3) removed the screw holding the drain pump filter assembly to the main unit.
4) gently pulled the drain pump filter assembly out of the channels holding it to the washer chasis.
5) gently pulled it out far enough to reach over a car washing bucket I had put into the open riser drawer.
6) gently unscrew the filter drain knob enough to release water into the bucket. If your using a smaller drain catch (cooking pan, oil pan, etc) you'll likely need to close the drain knob and empty your water.
7) once all the water was out (~3 gallons I think), I pulled out the filter to find my prize..... Five of my 2 year old's missing socks, including some since he was a newborn. Yeah... yuck!
8) cleaned out the filter and filter assembly... and threw away the socks and other goop.
9) Put it all back together: put the filter back in, returned it to its chasis housing, and put the screw back in the filter assembly. Then, put the front panel back on and flipped the breaker back on.
Posted on Aug 09, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 20, 2018 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 15, 2015 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 22, 2014 | Precor Exercise & Fitness
Sep 05, 2013 | Yahoo Mail
Mar 27, 2013 | Precor 9.21s Treadmill Display Console...
Sep 12, 2012 | Samsung Galaxy Y
Dec 11, 2010 | Minolta magicolor 2200 DeskLaser Printer
Jan 04, 2010 | Encore Computers & Internet
Jun 13, 2008 | HP 4570C Flatbed Scanner
Nov 19, 2015 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
148 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: