An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: wiping computer
If you have a xp cd.... you can put the cd in and read ..its easy.... best thing to do is make the computer boot from cd rom.... hit f12 or f2 ... then go to the bio's and make the cd rom the first boot
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The hardware specs for this machine will not handle anything later than Windows XP. I would recommend doing a clean installation of XP or even might try a free operating system like Ubuntu (http://www.ubuntu.com/). Just have to download the iso and get it burned to a disc. All in all, I would recommend a machine with better specs to provide an all around better working computer. Hope this helps.
How to reinstall Windows XP operating system or installing fresh copy of Windows XP on your computer.
If your Windows XP operating system had problem due to corrupted files, viruses problem or you want to upgrade your system. This procedure will guide you in reinstalling your current Windows XP or installing fresh copy.
After this installing process, you need all your hardware drivers like Chipset Intel driver, LAN driver, Sound driver, WAN driver, Webcam driver and others for the computer to be fully operational. Otherwise, do not proceed on reinstalling you operating system if your do not have those hardware drivers.
CDROM drive is required for installing Windows XP. If you don't have in your notebook computer, use external CDROM drive to connect in your computer using a USB cable.
1. To start with, you need to back up your in blank CD all your important files before you begin installation produre because all the data will be wipe out.
2. When ready, start your computer and when booting press F2 to BIOS setting.
3. On BIOS menu, choose the BOOT setting and change the priority boot to CDROM, exit and save.
In some laptops, you can skip this BIOS setting process by repeatedly pressing F9 key or F10key when booting your computer and it will run boot priority on CD.
4. Once you exit from BIOS, you computer will reboot and a message will appear " Press any key to boot from CD", press any key to enter into WINDOWS XP SET UP.
5. Belows instruction messages will appear:
* To set up Windows XP now, press ENTER * To repair Windows XP installation using recovery console, press R * To quit set up without installing Windows XP, press F3
Press ENTER to initiate the installation.
6. You will go to Windows XP license agreement and press F8 to agree.
7. You will ask you if you want to REPAIR or REINSTALL the operating system. It will appear like this. Just press ESC to proceed.
A. To repair the selected Windows XP installation, press R. B. To continue installing fresh copy of Windows XP without repairing, press ESC.
From repairing your operating system, it will not removed all your files and other software installed in your computer including your hardware drivers installed. Just fixing the operating system.
For reinstalling the operating system, you need to back up all you files because it will wipe out all you datas in your computer.
8. After that, it ask you where partition you want to install the operating system. The message will display like this :
C : Partition1 [NTFS] D : Partition2 [NTFS] Unpartitioned Space
Use the directional key to navigate and choose C: Partition1 if you want reinstalling Windows XP and press enter.
If you want clean copy of Windows XP, you need to delete both partition by pressing L and install clean copy at Unpartitioned space. By these procedure, you will have C: drive only. D: Drive is delete.
9. After choosing the desire partition. this will appear :
* Format the partition using NTFS files system * Format the partition using the NFTS file
I suggest to choose the first line which is the quick format. The 2nd line take too much time to install the operating system. Press to initiate the installation and it will be finish and reboot automatically. PART OF WINDOWS INSTALLATION IS FINISHED.
If you had interrupted installation which is asking for certain driver file, your CD installer maybe damage which cause files to be unreadable. Try to replace the new Windows XP installer CD to proceed and until finished installing OS.
10. Once it reboots, this time do not boot from CD or do not press any key to go to PART2 OF WINDOWS XP INSTALLATION PROCESS.
11. On the opening, regional and laguage option will appear, jus click next.
12. The it will ask to type your name & organization. Put you name and company if any and click next
13. Then, it will ask for CD key and type the 25 character CD key and click next
14. Then it will ask for computer name. You can change or leave it and click next.
15. Then, set your date and time zone and click next.
16. Then, it will ask you for workgroup and computer domain, just leave it and click next.
17. Now wait until the installation process end and it will again restart automatically.
18. Again, do not boot from CD and display setting will appear. Just click OK.
19. welcom to Microsoft Windows screen will appear. Just click next.
20. Helps protect your PC will appear and choose Turn on Automatic Updates ( Only if you install genuine Windows XP). Otherwise, I suggest to choose "Not right not" if you are installing copy only of Windows XP.
21. Who will use this computer message will appear. Just type your name on the first box and click next.
Also for your reference, here is the video for your convenient .
A thank you message will appear, Just click next and it is finished.
I hope it helps you and thank you for using FixYa !
For repairing the operating system here is the blog as other want it.
As per others demand, here is the video for Windows 7 and Windows Vista Operating system
restart the laptop press F8 it will open to boot the laptop through various process like safe mode , last good known ..... select the last good known option and press enter .... it will boot the laptop with last setting
if this one not working then go for reinstall of xp ...for reinstall xp
Start your computer from the Windows XP CD. To do this, insert the Windows
XP CD into your CD drive or DVD drive, and then restart your
Note To boot from your Windows XP CD, the BIOS settings
on your computer must be configured to do this.
When you see the "Press any key to boot from CD" message, press any key to
start the computer from the Windows XP CD.
At the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to
start Windows XP Setup.
Read the Microsoft Software License Terms, and then press F8.
Follow the instructions on the screen to select and format a partition where
you want to install Windows XP.
Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the Windows XP Setup.
Reinstall windows is one to the wipe out process. Once you have reinstall the windows all date stored is your laptop is lost. You need to delete the drive D during installing process. Wipe out is not totally cleaned your laptop reinstalling windows provide a new copy of operating.
Hi, this is a common problem when one wipe there hard drive and reinstall an operating system, go to your common manufacture's website and download the driver for your wireless device and Ethernet controller. Recommendation: when ever you wiping your hard drive, also make a backup of your drivers by downloading them before you wipe. I recently wipe my computer, and i make sure i had all the device drivers before i wipe. Smile!
IF you have the XP installation CD you can easily do that, Just set your BIOS to boot from the CDrom then put the XP CD on your CD drive then restart the computer , so your computer will automatically boot from the XP installation CD then on that process you will have an option to format the entire hard drive that you have using the XP CD installation, then just let the installation finish...
If you installed XP over 2000, you don't need to uninstall 2000, but If you installed it parallel to 2000, and you have an option to run 2000, and XP when the computer boots, you cannot uninstall 2000 without wiping the Hard Drive and reinstalling from scratch.
If the version of XP that you installed is an upgrade, you will likely have to wipe the hard drive, then install 2000, then run the upgrade install of XP after, but choose to overwrite the 2000 install.