Question about GE Energy Star WCVH6260F Front Load Washer
How do you remove the front panel to clean the filter on my GE Energy Star WCVH6260F Front Load Washer?Please help I have sooo much wash to do and my machine is only 4 months old.Thank ou very much!Dianne
1) there are three philips screws on the bottom front of the washer. After you remove the screws, the front metal panel will come off.
2) Under the panel, there is a circular plastic filter. This unscrews by hand - but wait!
3) I put a 9/13 cake pan in front of the filter on the floor to catch the water that will come out as you unscrew it. The pan will fill several times, so plan on emptying it as you go along. You can also get a second person to hold the washer on a tilt so that it doesn't drain out at all.
4) You can pull the filter all the way out and clean it. I found change, a pen, and a lot of lint.
5) put the filter back in and run a rinse / spin cycle to clean it out.
6) you may have to repeat this multiple times if it is badly clogged, but it will solve the problem.
Posted on Nov 08, 2007
This fixed it for me as well. I had about 3 dollars in change, pencil lead, a fist size ball of lint and material. I unplugged the washer from the wall outlet and put my finger into the pump inlet to be sure there was nothing lodged in the pump impeller and that it would spin freely. I then disconnected the drain hose from the pump (a grey hose about an inch and a quarter in diameter with a steel clamp around it) and blew through it to be sure there was nothing clogging the drain hose.
So far everything seems to be working.
Posted on Oct 19, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 21, 2011 | GE Energy Star WCVH6260F Front Load Washer
Aug 15, 2011 | GE Energy Star WCVH6260F Front Load Washer
Sep 29, 2017 | GE Energy Star WCVH6260F Front Load Washer
Oct 17, 2009 | GE Energy Star WCVH6260F Front Load Washer
May 01, 2009 | GE Energy Star WCVH6260F Front Load Washer
Aug 15, 2008 | GE Energy Star WCVH6260F Front Load Washer
Apr 08, 2008 | GE Energy Star WCVH6260F Front Load Washer
Mar 12, 2008 | GE Energy Star WCVH6260F Front Load Washer
Dec 15, 2007 | GE Energy Star WCVH6260F Front Load Washer
179 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: