Question about Computers & Internet
I was working on a bottom levl 750k down 250k up cable modem connection threough cox in orange county and I am connecting to a pc that uses a 60 foot hard cable to my router. I am getting the beep and static and eventual cut-off after say 20 minutes of talkin.
1. how do I get rid of the beep?
2. Does the proximity to my router matter?
3. will it help if I upgrade to a 12MB down and 1MB up speed?
4. Can I compare Magic jack to acn iris 3000 quality, vonage, skype, et al...?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Right. I've fixed it!
Here's what I did.
- You need to upgrade to the latest firmware. This is available from the Philips website. Make sure you select exactly the model of your phone. There are some instructions about how to upgrade the firmware in the manual
- Then you need to perform a reset of the system. ie: get a sharp tool and ram it into the tiny little hole on the black box which comes with the phone. If you don't do this after upgrading, it doesn' t work.
- One other tip is to check the firewall settings on your router allow the traffic in/out as well.
I called the Philips service center, and they were a bit useless, but they said if it doesn't work you could try taking the batteries out of the phone for 4 hours. Hmmmm... only try this if the above doesn't work!
Posted on Nov 12, 2007
I will try to make this as clear as possible, but if you have nay questions, please come back here and let me know.
You will need 4 things: 1 Surfboard Modem, Wrt54G, vonage router, computer. Put them next to each other without having plugged in anything ( no ethernet, no power cable!). Make sure that the WRT54G router is back to default settings by pressing the reset button on the back of the router for 10 seconds.
If so, please come back and let me know. Others might have a similar question.
If not, just tell me where you got stuck and we will go from there. According to the movie 'Galaxy Quest':
"Never give up, never surrender!"
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
First of all: it would be good to know which devices you are using. This would help to be more specific.
Posted on May 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 01, 2014 | D-Link Dlink Dir-615 Cable/dsl Router...
Jun 11, 2017 | HP Computers & Internet
Aug 04, 2013 | Linksys Cisco-Dpc3008-cc Docsis 3.0 Cable...
Dec 02, 2010 | Linksys EtherFast EZXS55W 5x10/100 Mbps...
Feb 07, 2010 | Whirlpool RBD305PD Electric Double Oven
Jan 14, 2010 | Arris SURFboard SB5120 Modem
Dec 01, 2009 | Acer Computers & Internet
Sep 09, 2009 | Compaq Presario C700T Notebook
Feb 28, 2009 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Sep 06, 2008 | 2wire (1000-400108-001) Router
523 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!