Question about Kenmore 23822 Top Load Washer
I just bought it out of the paper and hooked it up. there is power to it i tested it but nothing works. no water pump no spin no anything. im wondering if its the switch or something else.
mod: 110 23832 100
If you suspect you have a defective timer it can easily be replaced by performing the following steps:
1. Unplug washing machine... and pull out the timer knob. Some knobs have a removeable center cap and hidden screw. Some are simply slip-fit. Remove the knob.
2. Remove console. This can be accomplished in one of two ways depending on which type of console you have.
a. If the console has removable end caps, the caps lift off by prying on the top from the back of the washer.
The cap will pull off towards you as you are facing the unit from the front of the washer.
There will be a screw under each end cap that you will need to remove.
b. If the console does not have removable end caps, you will need to slide a putty knife under the front corner of each side and push in while lifting up.
There is a retaining clip under each side that has to be released.
3. Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
4. Disconnect all power plugs and remove the timer's mounting screws.
5. Reinstall reverse of removal.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question!!!!
Posted on Sep 11, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 11, 2017 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Dec 03, 2014 | Kenmore series 80 Washer Motor 3349645-
Aug 17, 2014 | Kenmore series 80 Washer Motor 3363737-
Jun 12, 2011 | Dryers
Aug 18, 2010 | Washing Machines
Jun 09, 2010 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Dec 15, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Nov 17, 2009 | Kenmore 24902 Top Load Washer
Jun 22, 2009 | Washing Machines
Nov 28, 2008 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
129 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: