Question about Tomtom GPS
These steps are for my TomTom model.
1. Once you have turned on your TomTom tap the screen.
2. Tap 'Change preferences'
3. Tap the arrow to get to page 2 of Preferences
4. Tap 'Change voice'
5. Tap arrows until you get a computer voice - I chose Samantha.
6. Tap the 'Select' button to the right of the voice picture.
7. This screen is labelled 'Speech preferences' and the first one is 'Read aloud street names'
8. Tap the box to the right to select this preference.
If problem still persist, let me know alonwith gps make and model.
Posted on Jun 30, 2009
As far as I can tell the Tom tom only speaks the street names when you use the computer voice (female, Amanda) and not any of the other voices. let me know you tried to switch this mode??/
Posted on Jun 29, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 20, 2012 | Nvidia Computers & Internet
Nov 24, 2011 | Garmin GPS
Jun 14, 2011 | GPS
Oct 05, 2010 | Tomtom GO 730T Car GPS Receiver
May 17, 2010 | Tomtom XXL 540S GPS Receiver
Apr 07, 2009 | Tomtom One XL GPS Receiver
Feb 01, 2009 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Aug 27, 2008 | 1992 Toyota Tercel
60 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!